Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diet with Glider Cal?
Diet with Glider Cal?
Food, Diet
Sep 29 2017
11:51:42 AM
I need help with choosing a diet for my glider. I have some glider cal that I bought a few days ago and I would like to know if there is a good diet out there that can use glider cal? I got my glider about a week ago and just ran out of the food diet that the person who sold me her gave.
Food, Diet
Oct 16 2017
08:05:27 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Hi there!

So sorry that you haven't received any responses yet (unless on another thread?). Hope you've been enjoying your new glider and that all is going well!

The 2 diets that many in the glider community recommend are HPW and BML. Both are good, as long as you follow them closely. I'm not familiar with glider cal but it sounds very similar to the calcium supplement that the BML recipe calls for (rep-cal phosphorous-free calcium with vitamin D3). I would suggest reading ingredients and seeing how they compare. Calcium is very important to gliders but it's a delicate balance because getting too much can also be detrimental to them. My understanding is that both the HPW and BML diets are very nutritionally balanced with the correct amounts/ratios of calcium, phosphorous, and vitamins, so adding more shouldn't be necessary. Of course fruits and veggies are always a good idea in addition to their main staple.
Diet with Glider Cal?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diet with Glider Cal?