GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Possible new owner but need advice first
Information
Oct 24 2017
06:21:49 AM
Hi guys!

Firstly, I'm not an english speaker so please forgive any mistakes I might make!

So, me and my boyfriend are considering to buy a sugar glider but I need to ask a question before that.
I live in my appartment but only in the winter because on summer I'm renting. During the summer I move back in with my parents. I can't find any info on how sugar gliders adapt to new space so what Im asking is would that be a problem? Moving every summer and going back when summer is over?

Edited by - alisaks on Oct 24 2017 06:22:12 AM
Information
Oct 24 2017
06:44:56 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Hello, they do adapt pretty well, providing they have some continuity such as having their toys following them and that the same people keep on taking care of them.
Information
Oct 24 2017
02:32:54 PM
alisaks Starting Member 2 Posts
Thank you for the reply!

And what do you think, is it okay if I sometimes take him with me (with his cage and all of his stuff) at my boyfriends place if im staying there for a couple of days or is it better to leave him at home? My parents would feed him but I dont think they would socalize with him that much as I would if he was with me.
Information
Oct 24 2017
08:35:37 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I think taking him with you would be fine to keep the continuity that 'sjusovare' mentioned. I travel with my little one all the time and she does amazingly well (probably better than when we're home ). I make sure to bring everything familiar to her...travel cage, pouches, toys, food, travel wheel, etc., and of course I'm still the one taking care of her and socializing with her. I did have to leave her home once while I was travelling to a state where sugar gliders are illegal. She received excellent care but I was told she was moody and lost some weight while I was gone. As you probably know, sugar gliders can become very bonded to their owners. So I try to keep mine with me as much as possible, especially since she's a single glider. Many people recomend getting 2 or more gliders for this reason, so they have company.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders