Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Panic Attacks?
Panic Attacks?
Health related
Oct 28 2017
11:14:08 AM
Hello everyone my question isn’t a urgent one but I cant seem to find any information about one of our Gliders behaviors. Vic our girl will occionally have these episodes of what looks like a panic attack not seizure like. she will be in her sleeping pouch with our other glider and on occasion she will start crabbing then lunge out of the bag look like she’s having a fit of some kind usually has a very tight grip on my hand or on one occasion bites down very hard all while crabbing. She then stops and has a burst of energy usually want to run back to her cage and play in her wheel. We will try to comfort her but doesn’t appear to want us to interact with her one occasion she let us hold her after wrapped in a blanket which seemed to help relax her after. Overall it’s probably happed 4-5 times during the 2 years we have had our babies. The only thing I can think of that triggers this response seems to be smells. One occasion I had just taken a shower and had a scented soap which I could smell on my hand when I went to pet her in the pouch the panic episode happened. Another time I had just petted my family dog and went to the sleeping pouch and triggered the panic attack. Also once with out even touching them in the pouch I had a glass of wine after dinner and said hello and she panicked again. I’m not positive but I think another attack had no association with smell at all. To cover some questions we feed our babies the HPW diet with fresh veggies fruit and mealworms and some suggie safe cookies. They have a huge cage lots of toys and get along very well with each other. My overall concern is she seems so panicked and stressed during the 20 second episodes. Overall Vic is very sweet glider with no other issues. Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this as well. Thank you :)
Health related
Feb 18 2018
12:58:42 AM
Ckossy_ckassio Starting Member 1 Posts
The same has happened with my male suggie, a couple of times now. And I’ve had him for 3 weeks aprox, but this has never happened with my female suggie. I don’t think our case is about smells because the Gomes that this has happened it comes out of nowhere, he might be running in his wheel or just walking around the cage, but same behavior you described. I have no idea what triggers him.
Panic Attacks?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Panic Attacks?