Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
ATTN: You may not know about this health concern
Health related
Jan 06 2018
09:08:26 PM
Recently my wife and I had an emergency vet visit for one of our gliders. We noticed a human hair that was tied very tightly in a knot around her toe. This may sound silly however the color deference was noticeable and appeared to be be cutting off circulation. We tried to removed it gently but were unsuccessful. The main reason for this concern is that gilders when in distress will self harm and can cause more damage. Luckily we got in with our amazing exotic vet and the problem was solved. Id like to think of my self as an experienced sugar glider owner and this was new to me and very little info online so Id thought id share our experience. Its a easy thing to miss if your not paying attention but also easy to prevent. Check your gliders cage, bonding pouch, fleece and sleeping pouch every day to avoid this problem.
Health related
Jan 08 2018
07:43:20 PM
jinglebells0518 Joey 25 Posts
I've heard about that happening to human babies but I never thought about it happening to my gliders. And I always find my hair in their cage since it sheds so bad. I will definitely he looking out for this!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders