Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Our beloved blind glider needs a home
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 25 2018
12:41:16 PM
Keko is a male glider and he's very loving. It's just that my son has reached teenage (driving age) and between driving classes and a heavy college prep course load he doesn't have the time to give to Keko that he did. We are looking for a home that he will be safe and loved in. We haven't been able to get him out to play much because he is blind and he has no depth perception. We first realized he was blind when he jumped from my sons shoulder to the floor with a thud and we noticed hos eyes looked strange. This was shortly after he was OOP. He will be a year old in April and he has been handled...just not out of the cage for fear of harming himself. If anyone could link me up with someone that may want to take him and care for him we would really appreciate it. We are located between Charlotte and Asheville NC. Thanks!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 07 2018
07:24:27 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
We have a blind glider as well, he glides great only in rooms he knows well that we haven’t rearranged it took him a while to figure it out but mostly relies on scents and noises. I’d be willing to take him in but I’m in Colorado. Have you looked into the rescues in your area? I really hope he finds a good home, too much light does that to a young gliders eyes. That’s what happened to our little boy as well. It also makes it hard for them to bond with other gliders they often reject ones with deformities or defects. We have a colony of 4 in one cage mama has 3 legs, and her blind baby plus his sister and the dad. Our other 6 gliders have issues with them but they are the most loving 4. Let me know how it goes! I haven’t heard of other blind gliders on this site until now. Good luck!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 08 2018
01:33:10 PM
pocketbaby Starting Member 1 Posts
Hello I live on the outskirts of georgia and South Carolina if you could meet me half way he would be in good hands I'm experienced with suggies and I have all the time in the world for them! And I also have other gliders his age

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home