Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
8 week OOP Joey won’t pee or poop
Health related
Jan 28 2018
08:31:42 AM
Can some help us? We have a 8 week OOP make that won’t pee or poop even if we use a cotton swab to stimulate his area. We are 2 hours from a vet that is knowledgeable about glider and it’s a Sunday so they aren’t open until tomorrow.

Health related
Jan 28 2018
06:42:48 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Check for dehydration with the tent test when you pinch a bit of skin and see if it goes back to normal.
I'm no vet...I would try some juicy fruits like watermelon or cantaloupe to hydrate the little feller.
Can you give more background?
How long have you had him? Is he eating and drinking? What diet?
Health related
Jan 28 2018
08:37:49 PM
Tevanssugardaddy Starting Member 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have his parents here. Dad was neutered but deed had already been done. They were and still are on The HSG diet.

He isn’t Eating at all as of now. He was dehydrated. I had to start forcing a drop or 2 of water and pedialye via a syringe and tiny irrigation tip. He’s drinking from a bottle lid now and finally starting to urinate after pushing liquids for 24 hours. I can’t get him to eat symbalic or solid food as of now.
Health related
Jan 29 2018
04:59:55 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hello again,
Thank you for the info. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable will see your post now and give a response. Has he eaten solid foods at all yet or is he not weaned yet? Is he in the same cage as parents?
I'm glad you got him to drink, etc. Maybe a trip to the vet is in order if he doesn't start drinking and eating on his own. I wish you luck (and other replies as well)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders