Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food for sugar gliders
Food for sugar gliders
Food, Diet
Feb 02 2018
10:14:00 PM
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but would it be okay if I just fed my sugar gliders Critter Love Complete everyday with a little bit of fruits mixed inside of it when I blend it? Thanks!
Food, Diet
Feb 03 2018
09:00:46 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hi! Welcome!
In addition to Critter Love Complete - 1 tablespoon per glider- you should also make the critter love salad mixture posted on the same site in order to have balanced nutrition. Usually it's 1 tbsp fruit and 1 tbsp vegetables but with critter love the salad takes care of both.
I wouldn't recommend mixing fruits or vegetables into the critter love mixture itself.
Cheers!
Food, Diet
Feb 03 2018
03:00:25 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
As Kferg says "there is a salad mixture" that should go along with it.

Dependent upon the salad, my ladies seem to eat the mixture better when it has a little gravy on top. I put just enough there to add a little flavor and then leave the rest on the side.

Food, Diet
Feb 03 2018
10:48:04 PM
changk Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Kferg

Hi! Welcome!
In addition to Critter Love Complete - 1 tablespoon per glider- you should also make the critter love salad mixture posted on the same site in order to have balanced nutrition. Usually it's 1 tbsp fruit and 1 tbsp vegetables but with critter love the salad takes care of both.
I wouldn't recommend mixing fruits or vegetables into the critter love mixture itself.
Cheers!

Sorry, I'm quite new on this website and have no idea how to add a response without a quote, but thanks for the replies.
A few more question though, do I only have to give them one of the salads on the website and the critter love complete daily? Also, what about variety? Don't sugar gliders need variety in diet?
Also, what do you mean by gravy?
Food, Diet
Feb 04 2018
12:37:11 AM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
I call the Critter Love Complete " gravy. ". Each night, my ladies get the Critter Love Complete and a salad. She has a variety of mixtures available which also helps in having a variety. In addition to their nightly meal, I will sometimes put treats in foraging cups. I have noticed that if I give too many treats, then they won't eat their dinner.

Hope this helps. I am a newbie but there are so many people with helpful advice.
Food, Diet
Feb 04 2018
05:06:10 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hello again!
It is recommended that whichever diet you choose that you follow it exactly since they are formulated to specifically meet the needs of sugar gliders. For critter love that would mean 1 tbsp of the critter love complete and 2 tbsp of the salad mixture for each glider each night. You know you're feeding them enough if there's just a little left over in the morning, but not too much. Gliders do like variety! Like Ptamom said, there's a couple different salad choices with the critter love diet, plus you can offer treats like yogurt drops in foraging cups.
Food, Diet
Feb 04 2018
03:55:05 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Each Critter Love salad mixture has a variety of both vegetables and fruit, so the gliders will automatically have variety built in. You may also find that your gliders may eat or not eat specific fruits and veggies.

My girls rally didn't care for any of the berries, maybe blueberry from time to time, where Ollie has a preference to green beans, he will eat a little blueberry and strawberry. All three of my gliders love cantaloupe and honeydew, as well as watermelon offered occasionally as a treat. Now they're not bothering much with the apple either much lately.

It is important that CL is mixed up when making a batch withou adding any fruit and vegetable, but you can pour it over the salad if you like to try that out.
Food, Diet
Feb 04 2018
10:28:30 PM
changk Starting Member 3 Posts
Thanks for all the help everyone, this has really helped.
I think I'm going to go with the salad with the mixture on top as food for them, again, thanks for all the help.
Food for sugar gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food for sugar gliders