Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Why is my 7 year old glider biting lately?
Question
Feb 03 2018
03:53:48 AM
My glider is normally not aggressive toward anyone, especially not me. I spend a lot of time with him during the day but lately he has been snapping at me when I go to feed him. Is this because of scents on my hands? I recently got a new dog, and I was wondering if maybe that was the problem.
Question
Feb 07 2018
06:27:51 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
It could easily just be the scents on your hands, smelling a new animal on you could be the issue. All my animals started acting strange for almost a month after I started a job at a pet store. I always try to wash my hands and even shower before handling them due to my line of work and also handling sick animals. Since the dog will be living with you if you have a soft toy or glider friendly toy that the dog has try showing it to your glider every couple of nights. Let him get used to smelling the dog. It’s almost the same as bonding a new glider to yours. Train the scents.
Question
Feb 07 2018
06:30:03 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
By alll my animals, 10 gliders, 2 cats, 1 skinny pig, and a hamster, all started acting snippy and strange after I was around other animals 8-10 hours a day. The gliders took the longest to get used to it. But since the dog is in your home I don’t think it will take as long.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders