Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
fighting
fighting
Question
Apr 10 2018
05:53:09 AM
I'm fairly new to having sugar glides. I acquired a "rehomed" neutered male about 9 mo ago. I got 2 additional neutered males for him. They have been doing great until recently. One has been aggressive towards other 2 and especially the oldest one. I hear them fussing a lot ( not in pouch). But when I get in there, they are settled. Yesterday though, I did witness them ball up 2x. What should I do?
Question
Apr 10 2018
05:05:12 PM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
From what I've heard and read food can be a large source of aggression because gliders can be territorial about it if they aren't friendly towards each other.

How many food sources do you place out? Maybe place out 1 or 2 more and they can each have their own?
Question
Apr 10 2018
08:34:31 PM
Beth919 Starting Member Beth919's Journal 2 Posts
That's what I did tonight. So far no fussing. I only had 1 dish for pellet, 1 for pudding, and 1 for fruits/veggies. I split everything tonight.
Question
Apr 11 2018
11:58:16 AM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
Good to hear, hopefully that solves it. Hopefully you can eventually go back down to one if they become more friendly.

Also if you do catch them balling up make sure to intervene and split them up, they can harm each other pretty badly.
fighting

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
fighting