Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What is a glider safe sealant/coating?
Question
Jun 18 2018
08:57:48 PM
I currently have one baby, Eddie, after his brother, Crash, passed away a few months ago. I am unsure of the real cause and can only believe it's because he chewed on my dresser. I do not know the type of wood my dresser is made out of but I don't want to take any chances especially since I will be getting a new cage mate for him in the next month or two. Recently, I put together a platform bed frame with wood pallets. I aimed for all pallets to be made of fir as fir is a sturdy material AND safe for gliders. But, while putting it together, the smell reminded me a bit of pine. Pine isn't as bad as cedar from my research but I really don't want to risk my new boy coming in and taking up Crash's habit of chewing anything and everything and him getting sick and me being too late to notice the signs. I'm still doing my research around but a fair amount of you seem to be very knowledgeable and fair in your responses to any questions regarding the safety and health of any suggie. So if anyone has any information on safe sealants, coatings, paints(yes, that's a stretch but someone could've accomplished the making of an all pet safe paint.), etc.

Please and Thank you for any and all help!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders