Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
what kind of food I can feed my sugar glider
Question
Sep 20 2018
05:52:21 PM
Hi everyone in going to be getting a sugar glider in a few months but I've been doing my reascher on them like what food to feed them and avoid but my question is the stores foods that are in bags like Forti-diet fruit blend, extreme trail mix, natural treat mix; their all for birds but idk if it's alright trying to get everything I need now so I can be ready for the lil girl too bring home.
Question
Sep 20 2018
08:05:40 PM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
You cannot feed them any of those. Please do more research. There are approved diets under the nutrition section on this site. These diets provide the balanced nutrition to keep your fur babies healthy. BML is very good and also fairly easy. OHPW is what I use but you need to order some of the ingredients online. There isn't any quick fix or bagged food like for birds, hamsters, ferrets,etc. Those foods are for those animals. It seems like diet was one of my biggest concerns also but even knowing about the fruits & veg that they eat I was still second guessing everything I fed them at first. Prepare yourself with as much info as you can.
Question
Sep 20 2018
09:16:36 PM
Pearson Joey 35 Posts
Agreed with ChipAndDalesMom^

Check out BML and Critter Love for diets

Error, missing URL. l
Question
Sep 21 2018
01:09:59 PM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
I agree with replies above. I just wanted to throw this diet in for consideration.

www.thepetglider.com/pages/the-glider-nutrition-system

You need to get their vitamins from their store. Its about $50 for a 1 year supply for 1 glider, so a half a year supply for 2 (It is highly recommended to have at least 2).

Once you have the vitamins, everything else is store bought. Fruits, veggies, yogurt, applesauce, and protein. You can make a months supply in a few hours for ~$35. Then you freeze it into ice cubes and thaw out one per glider sprinkle some vitamins on top and set it out for them everyday.
Question
Dec 09 2018
06:15:53 PM
Mhamilton85 Starting Member 9 Posts
I used bml for a long long time. It's a great diet but if you are afraid of starting by making all of their food exotic nutrition has a good set of products that you can use to start building your knowledge and skills. It's not cheap and I don't like the idea of doing it forever but glider complete, instant hpw(or ready made jar) and fruits vegetables occasionally a mealworm or 2.
One of my gliders was having digestive problems so my vet had me switch to the exotic nutrition diet for a few months while she was being treated. My 3 gliders were obsessed with the instant hpw. Everyone is back on bml now. I have to admit that it was really really convenient but I prefer to feed them all fresh natural food long term.
Question
Mar 29 2019
04:15:18 AM
Jennfaith Joey Visit Jennfaith's Photo Album USA 16 Posts
Do more research. You need to keep them in pairs at the very least or else they can get lonely. We simply cannot replace the companionship they have w another glider...solo gliders in the wild won't survive ...think about it body heat etc and not one of those things are good to feed them..I feed mine OHPW .

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders