Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Lone female lost her family - Mississippi (up for adoption)
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 02 2019
04:14:28 PM
I have had my sugar gliders for 8-9 years (4 of them)

All of them were allowed an entire room in the house to have as their play area and were given controlled diets with proper vitamins. Their snacks were wax worms, mill worms, assorted bugs, honey snacks, ect. Their diet was well monitored.

Recently in the room that they were in, we moved a stand up freezer and did not even think that the house it came from might not be as strict about toxins as we were (we never spray the yard or house so they never come in contact with poision) After a week of it being in their room, 3 of them came in contact with something on it and it made them extremely sick. I found them the night before last and stayed up with them all night waiting on the vet to open. After they did, I stayed at the vet for 8 hours and in the end, I ended up losing 3 of my 4 gliders in the course of 32 hours. They were my children and I am extremely upset about it....I'd give anything to have them back

I am not going to keep the last one by herself, and am now done taking care of sugar gliders after this. I can't take this pain again with new ones... I need to know that the home I send her to will not leave her lonely, expose her to the new family too fast, let her go hungry, feed her the wrong food, not bond with her, be mean or rough, ect. I only want someone with other gliders that are either female or neutered. She is not some brood and will not be used to make you a profit in breeding. I will give her to you along with everything else I have for her. If you are far off I will even drive to meet you. I do not want money, I want a good home for my baby and want her to have a family again. This is one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with in my life and want to know that I am doing right by her.

If you are interested please send me an email at amanda_perkins_2012@yahoo.com. Be as descriptive as possible about your situation and why I should give my child to you. I need to know I can trust you before I let her go. Also let me know if you have kids please. She is scared around new people and loud noises so kids probably are not a good match unless they already know how to behave around gliders.

I know this is long but I am not just someone who "doesn't want their glider" I am a grieving parent who wants to quickly home my baby girl before she gets depressed after realizing that her family is not coming back.I need whoever considers this to understand what they are getting and how much she really does mean to me.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home