Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help! I dont know whats wrong
Health related
Dec 13 2019
06:17:45 PM
I have two sugar gliders ones name is cinnamon who I got about eight months ago in one’s name who is garlic which I got about four months ago. I keep them both in the same cage and they have the same diet, they both have very different temperaments cinnamon who I got from the feed store and who was raised alone is very aggressive since day one garlic on the other hand was raised with a family who I got from a breeder and is very laid-back. Recently cinnamon has shown more signs of aggression, And had diarrhea I read on one of the forms here that pecans could be contaminated and I have been feeding them that and that’s when I realized that she also looks bloated with her diarrhea I’m very scared for my little cinnamon and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what’s wrong. I also just moved to a new state and I’m getting on my feet so I have no money to take them to the vet
Health related
Dec 14 2019
07:35:28 PM
Anonymous - 4 Posts
I’m sorry to have to tell you this but you really do need to see a veterinarian immediately. They don’t tend to show signs of illness so if you see one it’s probably pretty serious. That being said, i understand when money is tight. At the very least I recommend separating them so the other one won’t catch anything. Go back to a basic diet with Just food you know she tolerates with no issues to try and stop the diarrhea. If you are feeding high water foods like watermelon you can try removing those from the diet for more solid fruits instead. Be careful with this because removing excess water is okay (my boy gets diarrhea with too much watermelon) but removing necessary water while she has diarrhea can lead to dehydration. Make sure she has access to water at all times.

Aggression can definitely be a sign of illness because she’s trying to act like she’s healthy so the other one doesn’t sense her weakness. The best thing you can do right now is go to a vet :

What is her diet right now?
Health related
Dec 24 2019
03:44:52 AM
DeFilio Starting Member Visit DeFilio's Photo Album 2 Posts
Sorry it is taken me so long to get back I found out that it was just because I was feeding her too much applesauce her stool has returned to normal. Thank you so much! But I do have another issue now, I pulled cinnamon out of her bonding pouch this morning and it looks as if she rolled one of her eyes and it got stuck in the back of her head.....is his something that will fix its self? She has showed no signs of acting different.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders