Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding/New Glider bonding with existing Glider
Question
Dec 30 2019
04:41:56 PM
We have had our new sugar glider, Luna for 8 days now and have had her and Lila's (5.5y old)cages side by side for all this time. We have scent swapped every day, along with putting my husband and I's socks in Luna's cage so she can get used to our scent. Lila and Luna seem, to be super interested in each other, they jump to the same side of the cage next to each other all the time. Luna is 4 months old and is significantly larger than our Lila whom is 5.5 years old. Lila sometimes is skiddish when Luna jumps toward her, but has never crabbed at her or hissed. I've also been listening for communication noises between them and I haven't heard anything.

I am a tad concerned because we let Lila smell Luna's pouch while Luna was in it, zipped up, and she bit the pouch. I don't know if she bit it because
A: She's around the time that she's in heat (she gets super feisty when she's in heat)
B: She couldn't see Luna but could hear her crabbing and wanted in the pouch so she bit it
C: She's getting frustrated with us for not putting them together yet?

We were going to try a face to face intro this week while we have a few days off, but since Lila bit her pouch I am slightly nervous. Lila hasn't showed any aggression toward her just keeps trying to get on Luna's cage and sometimes bites her own cage.

What should I do???! HELP!!??
Question
Dec 30 2019
04:43:55 PM
Mamababies Starting Member 7 Posts
I would also like to add that Lila had a cagemate named Daisy whom we had to say goodbye to a few weeks ago, and Lila was the "dominant" female. When Lila was in heat, she would ride on Daisy's back and bite her neck a lot which I have read is normal, but sounds so mean.

Edited by - Mamababies on Dec 30 2019 04:55:08 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders