Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Can you seperate a bonded pair?
Question
Jan 04 2020
07:04:00 AM
Hi I recently just purchased 2 gliders that are both 7 and been together 5 years,I got them both of Craigslist. I've had them for three months and this might sound harsh and like I'm a bad owner but I only like the male ( don't hate me). The female is pouch pertective and aggressive towards me and the male.I even have her in am open environment pouch. But she just so defense be and snpapy .it's difficult,my male is so sweet and loving ,she doesn't let him out of the pouch when he wants to come out to me she snaps on him n he goes and hides and make my male nervous because she's so afraid n snappy he starts acting scared only around her. She snaps on him sometimes because like a said she's always grumpy. I feel like my male would do better with another female . I feel like she makes him nervous and more scared he always wants to come say hi out of the pouch but she's so pertective over it she keeps him up inside n gards the pouch. I can tell he would be calmer n happier without her . She's grumpy. N I'm over it because I think it affects my male in negative ways where it's effectingbhis happyness ,I've sat with her for hours in the tub n she wants nothing to do with me ,I can hold her and pet her but she doesn't enjoy it and just wants her pouch n just wants to hide n run she's to grumpy n not what I want.i found a female I like .is it ok to get rid of the grumpy one .I do handle both of them .the male never bit me once the female always .and just wants the male sleeps in my hoodies and loves me .it's so funny. But I want to re-home her and get another female.i know it would be hard on her but I don't get along with her will it be ok or do I have to re-home both and just get another pair? I love the boy he's the best. I would like to keep him but they are older and have been together for 5 years. Also my male is not neutered and wants to mate still my female doesn't want him she rejects him because she's done mating. Should I split them up?

Edited by - Cosmetology143@gmail.com on Jan 04 2020 07:10:54 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion