Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My female doesn’t like my male
Behavior
Feb 21 2020
04:27:12 PM
My female sugar glider kusha seems to be aggressive towards my male sugar glider keef. He is not nurtured and we try to keep them together to get along but she always starts crabbing when he gets near. He is very sweet and well bonded with me. He doesn’t chase her or anything but when she wonders close he takes a nibble at her upper tail. They sleep in different pouches and I have to wake up in the middle of the night and put them in separate cages because kusha will start crabbing and jump up and down. What’s weird tho is we have had keef escape his cage and crawl on kusha and they will start barking at each other as if they want to play. I get up and out keef in the same cage as her but then she starts her crabbing at him again and crawl into her pouch or jumps all over the cage. Why is she acting like this and why don’t they get along. She seems more scared of him than aggressive and he’s not aggressive more curious it seems. We’ve had keef the boy longer so we were thinking it could be a territory thing but he doesn’t seem to be the problem. Can anyone help

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders