Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My Glider has a Swollen Cheek, and I'm Wondering...
Health related
Apr 08 2020
03:06:59 PM
Hey Everyone. My Glider Bam-Bam, who is 5 years old has recently shown some swelling in his cheek. Although I have an appointment scheduled, I was wondering:

a) if anyone else has had their sugar babies experience this type of issue, and if so, what was the cause (tooth rot/infection, abscess, cyst, etc.), and,

b) what the medical process was (xrays, antibiotics, tooth removal, abscess drainage, etc.), and,

c) what the recovery process was (such as feeding limits, was there a need for a separate cage for healing afterward, recovery time, and,

d) if the swelling/health issue returned at any time after treatment.

I would really like to better understand the types of treatments involved in such a situation... any information for myself and other inquiring glider parents would really be great as this area of expertise is still largely ambiguous... Thanks for any advice, and stay safe during this coronavirus pandemic! <3
Health related
Apr 13 2020
10:42:11 AM
Eddamico Starting Member 3 Posts
Yes one of ours had a swollen cheek and it was abscess. It was $250 ish to take her in and for them to open it up and debride it and for the meds after. then I had to take her in for a recheck and i think it was another $60 ish. We did need a separate cage for her to heal in. She was completely fine afterwards and hasnt had new issues.
Health related
Apr 14 2020
07:32:40 PM
Ruthue12340 Starting Member 8 Posts
I Had a 6 year old male that got a gland infection right under the eye close to the check and he had surgery and I costed me around 500 with meds and lots of time cleaning it...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders