Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Female sugar glider is suddenly displaying territorial behavior?
Question
Aug 20 2020
01:03:44 AM
I have three sugar gliders (one neutered male, two females) ranging between 3-4 years old. They have all been housed together in the same cage for going on three years, and up until the last month or so there have been very little incidents. For some reason, within the last month my younger female (3yo) has become very territorial and somewhat aggressive. She marks the walls of the cage for the first ten minutes after she wakes up at night, and then she will chase away/harsh crabbing at the other two if they try to go to the bottom of the cage when she’s there. She focuses more on my older female (4 yo), and I’m concerned that she’ll injure one or both of her roommates. I do offer food in different levels of the cage, because I was concerned that she was food aggressive, but she seems to think the entire first level of the cage belongs only to her...if anyone has any tips or advice on whether or not this is normal/will pass, or ways I can try to mitigate her sudden onset of dominance so that she doesn’t end up hurting the other two, I would greatly appreciate it :).

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders