Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Female with joeys, no dad
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 02 2020
01:45:11 PM
I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else searches this topic and needs the reassurance. I wasn’t really able to find much information on gliders having joeys, with no father present. All articles I read mentioned the father is needed to help raise the joeys.

We brought home three females and one of them must have given birth to two joeys either right before or right after we got them. We were worried that there would be complications because we didn’t have the father. And yes, they are for sure three females- they were housed with a male prior to getting them though.

So far, mom is taking great care of her two joeys, they are now around 3 weeks oop and they are gaining weight daily with no outside help. We think her two sisters must be helping her babysit or at least they accept the joeys into their group. All five gliders sleep in the same pouch together.

It might not be like this with every female only group, but to help those with no experience (like us), it is definitely possible to have a good outcome when there is no father in the picture.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders