Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Help—Glider Avoiding Other Glider
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2021
09:02:21 AM
I have had two gliders for about 2 years now, and they have always been together. Recently, I did not properly close off their cage and one (Deku) got out. He had fallen in a toilet and had been there for far too long, maybe a few hours or so (I feel terrible and will ensure nothing like this ever happens again). I immediately got him out, dried him off what I could, put him in a warm pouch and gave him fruit. (The toilet did not have any cleaners in it and it hasn't been used in months.) He was eating and he wasn't bloated or breathing bad, so I have reason to believe he will be fine, but I will be taking him to a vet ASAP to make sure he doesn't get sick. But my other glider, Silas, has been avoiding him. They usually sleep in the same pouch at night, but Silas has been going into the corners of the cage, trying to sleep on his own. I think this might be because Deku smelt badly of urine after I found him, but it's been hours and Silas still is avoiding Deku. I am very worried for them. Does anyone have any advice beyond taking them to a vet? Is Silas avoiding Deku because of his smell or something else? I plan to rehome them soon to someone who has a colony, so they can be happier; but until then, I want to make sure they are okay.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2021
01:22:11 PM
LauraTaw Starting Member 0 Posts
Update: they are now sleeping together again! It took some time though, I assume it was the smell causing the avoidance.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat