Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
ADVICE ON WHAT CAGEMATE TO GET MY NEUTERED MALE
Information
Mar 17 2021
05:02:31 PM
I currently have a 4 year old neutered male, he's freshly neutered and is a rescue. I know he was kept with a female at one point in time and they bred. My question is, would it be better to get 2 males who were not neutered before maturity, would be freshly neutered and also bred before as well. or would it be better to get 2 females. which option is safer? none of the males or females have been introduced so they would all be doing the bonding process at the same time. I've heard females can be picky on what females they accept so not sure how introducing 2 would go. If I got the males I would be introducing 3 males who have all bred and neutered after the fact, wondering if they will still be territorial. I know the process of breeding there just doesnt seem to be good information on males being neutered after breeding, and which is better, 3 neutered males or 1 male 2 females. I hope this makes sense please fell free to ask any questions or give any advice or input please!!!
Information
Mar 18 2021
03:42:00 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
I'm not an expert in this subject, so anyone who else is, please respond!
I know people who have all males and other people who have one male and a bunch of females and they're perfectly happy.
I would say that it's not so much gender (when it comes to neutered males) as personality. I think that if the personalities of gliders mesh well, they'll do fine no matter what gender combo you have.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders