Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
patches on face
patches on face
Health related
Jul 05 2021
09:07:50 PM
one night randomly my female sugar glider had 2 patches on her face above her eyes. they arent like bald but theres less fur there. and it appeared suddenly not gradually. Im worried about her over grooming or something but im just not sure because she couldnt be able to reach above her eyes right? ive been checking on it daily since then and it doesnt seem to have gotten worse, in fact it already seems to have regrown a bit so im not sure what it could be
Health related
Jul 06 2021
02:30:28 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
IT's quite likely that she's overgrooming. That's a spot where they typically overgroom. Does she have a cagemate? If so, it could be that her buddy is overgrooming her. Does she have plenty of toys and a wheel? They overgroom out of stress or boredom typically.
Health related
Jul 06 2021
03:24:48 PM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
yeah she has 2 cagemates with her but im not sure if it was them or herself who did it. she has a wheel, she has plenty of toys and i make them forage often and there was nothing that could have stressed her out to do that i dont think, no big changes or anything. the only thing i could think of is the fireworks for 4th of july but ive had her for years and never had this problem. im going to be working on making them more toys probably though to help out if it is boredom, im just not sure what it could have been
Health related
Jul 08 2021
02:23:42 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
Hmm. I'm not sure why she would be overgrooming, then. Maybe it is her buddies who are doing it.
patches on face

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
patches on face