GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Advice for syringe feeding glider with clostridium bacteria
Health related
Jul 21 2021
09:20:47 PM
Hello all!
First time posting here so apologies if it’s not correct formatting or something.

I have a 8 year old sugar glider named Coco. She was not acting her usual self so I took her to my local exotic vet that I have been to before. She was found to have high levels of clostridium bacteria. I cannot recall which strain she said or if she did.
She is on antibiotics and a liquid iron(?) supplement. (I’d check for sure but she is comfy napping on me right now)

She was/is acting very lethargic since Saturday so I have been syringe feeing her food/water for the past four days or so (took her to the vet Monday since they are closed on weekends)

I want advice on how much is too much food and water. She seems to be eating and drinking a lot. Anytime I offer it to her. I asked the vet about it and she sent me a message back saying that I could over feed her and to feel her tummy to make sure it’s not bloated. I don’t want to go off of this alone due to it being too late at that point if it is bulging.
For context I am currently feeding her the BLM mix (except without the fruits and veggies for the moment since she is weak and not chewing well. Need something liquidi-sh. If you have suggestions on something better I’m willing to try it!)

The vet hasn’t answered back about the too much water/ Pedialyte question yet. I’m also giving that to her with a syringe. I of course make sure she is catching her breathe in between drinks but I just feel like she is drinking a lot. Don’t want to put her in extra pain while trying to help! Especially since this bacteria effects her tummy. Finding mixed things online about how much is too much. She has had diarrhea which could explain the extra fluid consumption but just want to make sure !

She does seem to make sneezing type sounds when I am giving her things through syringe but I think that is just cause some is getting on her nose?

Overall I’d like to know how much is too much and how often is too often to feed / give water.

Thank you in advance for any advice on this ! Let me know if there are any other things you might need to know to help further.

Edited by - HiddenGlider on Jul 21 2021 09:25:41 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders