Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Possible help?
Possible help?
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 07 2021
05:56:57 PM

Hello, my name is Cody and I'm a father of two wonderful gliders Ghost (f) and Whisper (m). I've had them for a good 1 1/2 - 2 years now and They're relationship together is really good,they act like siblings and are always together but whisper is a lot more timid and he doesn't like to be held as much as Ghost. I've been noticing that whispers fur is really dirty and rough, he's always been very skinny so I know it's not a nutrition thing I'm just worried he isn't grooming. We also have three dogs,could it be the stress from the dogs? I'll post some pictures of him, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help and also give me a good list of veggies they like that are safe to eat?
(side note they are both spayed/neutered)

Edited by - ghost_n_whisp on Oct 07 2021 06:01:07 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 08 2021
07:26:44 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Hello Cody!

here's an uncomprehensive list of fruits and veggies they like to eat:
Avocado, banana, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, cucumber, carrot, corn, apples, oranges, bell peppers, mango, watermelon... There's more, of course, but this is a good list off the top of my head.
Was he damp when you had him out? He could have been cleaned/cleaning and was just wet and spiky. But if he's been like this for longer than just one night let me know.
Dog stress could be very real. Do the dogs go into the room that their cage is in? Keep the gliders in the sleeve or pocket or tightened hood of your hoodie if you can. If they trust you, they'll want to be with the warmth and smell of your body. I've found it can help de-stress a glider if something's going on. But it only works if they trust you well.
Is he hydrating? You can give him some water with a bit of apple juice in it.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 10 2021
09:00:59 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
My Freya was a small glider almost all the time ( unless I gave her treats daily alone, but would shed those grams in no time once i slacked off. ( I never figure out if she was bullied at food bowl ( something that might be going on with yours ) or just really active. If you fell something not right I suggest a vet visit cause they do hide illness until it almost to late.

Based on the pictures I would say a vet check might be in order( could be a bad tooth not doing great, she bulling him at food bowl ( can check if this case by offering 2 bowls one up high and one down low ) and if he starts to look better then that the issue)
Possible help?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Possible help?