Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
4.5-5mth siblings with fur lossage
Health related
Dec 05 2021
11:11:11 PM
Hello.. new to gliders, I have two 4.5-5 mth old bonded male and female siblings. It's been cold in my home and I've been keeping them in a carry pouch on top of a towel covering a heating pad. About 2 weeks ago I noticed patches over top of their eyes with missing hair. 1st the male then the female. Two days ago I noticed less hair on their tales. Today I noticed less on their back knees. I am feeding:. 1-2 tbs of low fat yogurt w/blueberries or w/peaches or w/strawberries + 2 tsp spoon of local honey + 1 scoop HPW diet (until I order the wombie diet) + .5tsp calcium (doesn't say C3) + 1-2 tsp fruit or veggie baby food + 2 tsp baby cereal + 2 tsp chicken or turkey baby food. Fresh watermelon for snack (2tsp) or 4 semi thin apple slices or 1 tsp or less of shredded cheese. (working on finding a good list of approved foods)

I cannot for the life of me get them to eat eggs. Ground in a coffee grinder or just freshly boiled or scrambled (cooled of course)

They are progressively getting worse. Please advise me as to what I could do different. And yes, they are in the same pouch and in the same cage when the house isn't too cold. (Elec heating SUCKS)

Other wise seem healthy, playing- searching for items (toys) finding confidence in jumping. Very adventurous. I often take them into the bathtub to play, into my living room or where their cage is located in my bedroom. They practice climbing the curtains and jumping from my hand to my pillow.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders