Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help!! My gliders won't stop fighting:(
Question
Dec 06 2021
10:11:20 AM
I really really need help on fixing this. I made a post awhile ago about one of my gliders getting eye surgery. She is fully recovered. At the time I only had four gliders and she was separate to heal properly. I waited until she was fully healed to reintroduce everyone else back with her. Everything was fine and I said "ok you guys can go back in the same cage now". Makes sense, right? Because they already knew each other and have for years now. WRONG. I hear all of this crabbing in the cage and run out to see two holding the eyeless one down trying to do something to her and her twin was just sitting in the back minding her business. They pulled her fur, clawed at her wound and near her privates she was bleeding a little. Why would they do that? I decided since her sister wouldn't do anything to her to put them together in a separate cage so that way she won't get lonely by herself. Since that it has been months and I rescued three more gliders in need. The new three are very sweet and quiet. After I had the new three's cage next to my eyeless and her sister they seemed to like each other so I put them in the tent to see how they would do. Of course this was during the day and they were very sleepy but as soon as they realized there was a bigger pouch with more gliders in it they went over immediately and bundled up with them. Not a peep. They all went to sleep and I left them in the tent for a good while to make sure if there was fighting or not. Overall Pearl and Pandora (The two sisters) were very happy to be with the new three ones. That left me with two cages with two in one and five in the other. I've waited and waited until everyone has seen everyone else checking each other out from separate cages. They seemed fine and wanted to meet the other two, curious. So yesterday I put them In the tent and they were all socializing smelling each other jumping around. Pearl was there and the two that were rejecting her DID know she was there with them. They didn't have a problem with it. The cage they are all in now is very big, big enough for the seven of them. I have enough food sources, water sources, wheels, and pouches if anyone wants to sleep separate. The same two started doing it again and my one oldest girl was rubbing herself everywhere which I know is her calling everything her property. I just don't understand why the same two are going after the injured one and nobody else. I had to pull her last night to sleep with me because I was so scared to wake up with her dead in the cage. What exactly should I do with this situation or does anyone have experience regarding this? Note: They're all girls and one of the new three is a boy but he's neutered and very sweet. I would like them all to be in the same cage if possible so I dont have two big separate cages.

Edited by - Lexylu28 on Dec 06 2021 10:12:13 AM
Question
Dec 29 2021
06:55:39 PM
devoted101 Glider Visit devoted101's Photo Album USA 108 Posts
I went through a similar random phase once but not as extreme.

One of my gliders (Ace) seemed to have it out for PhiPhi but it seemed out of the blue. Ace has always been a little bit of a B to anyone/anything but then PhiPhi really got chomped and had an aggression dominance wound. I had it treated and separated her but she was right next to the primary cage. After some time I reintroduced her but more attacks from Ace. Meanwhile the only male, Echo, minded his own business. He never has attacked her but would get rough rubbing his head on her - which she didn’t care for.

Anyhow, even when separated all 3 still seemed to want to be together. So this time I divided the cage giving the top third to PhiPhi. I had things like that for over a month. Before reuniting them. They all seemed to really want to be together even separated. They never fought in the bonding pouch. And didn’t always fight anyway.

Ultimately Ace still has a chip on her because she doesn’t like it when Echo or PhiPhi eat (I’ve separated dishes to extreme ends of cage) but thankfully no new wounds or anything.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders