Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
7 year old boy lethargic, no other symptoms
Health related
Dec 09 2021
01:22:14 AM
For 2 days my boy Nova has been extremely lethargic.
He has a great appetite, drinks water, pee is clear and poop appears normal.
No hissing or wheezing or crabbing or any other signs of pain.
The vet says his lungs and heart sound fine
He has no bulges or lumps or swelling or hard organs
He's just ...so sleepy.
He barely opens his eyes, wobbles around and passes out constantly even when eating. No energy to clean himself at all or fight back when I clean him.
The other gliders are all completely normal.
He is on BML diet with occasional fresh fruits and mealworms as treats.
The vet did not do a blood test, fecal or xray as he said they were unnecessary since he still has an appetite
I really don't want to lose my boy but I'm starting to fear the worst. Someone please help
Health related
Dec 09 2021
09:29:50 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
How old is Nova?

and have you changed anything in your house/their environment? Any essential oil usages, new perfume/cologne... anything like that?

Edited by - GandKaidos on Dec 09 2021 09:30:23 AM
Health related
Dec 09 2021
11:25:47 AM
Violentte Joey Canada 16 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by GandKaidos

How old is Nova?

and have you changed anything in your house/their environment? Any essential oil usages, new perfume/cologne... anything like that?

He's 7, and no changes at all
Health related
Dec 10 2021
07:30:03 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
I would get a blood test and/or fecal exam done.
waiting until the appetite is lost could be a bad idea. Which I think you understand.
7 years is on the more aged side of a Glider Lifespan (you must be a fabulous suggie parent!!)
keep loving on him, keep on getting him to eat. Has he lost any weight? does he pee often?
the only things I can think of right now with this would be some sort of parasite or internal disease. I know how expensive those vet bills can get. You know what's best for you and your Gliders.
Health related
Dec 10 2021
08:49:05 PM
Violentte Joey Canada 16 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by GandKaidos

I would get a blood test and/or fecal exam done.
waiting until the appetite is lost could be a bad idea. Which I think you understand.
7 years is on the more aged side of a Glider Lifespan (you must be a fabulous suggie parent!!)
keep loving on him, keep on getting him to eat. Has he lost any weight? does he pee often?
the only things I can think of right now with this would be some sort of parasite or internal disease. I know how expensive those vet bills can get. You know what's best for you and your Gliders.

Thank you.
I'll have tests run tomorrow for his next appointment
He's still eating plenty and going to the bathroom, hasn't lost any weight noticeably so I'm keeping hope.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders