GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP GLIDERS LOST IN CAR!!
Question
Dec 17 2021
09:54:13 AM

I just bought two beautiful new sugar gliders, the breeder gave me a pouch to travel with them in. On the way home they escaped and they are now loose in my car (the pouch had loose stitching that they managed to wriggle through while I was driving). I believe that I can hear them in my dashboard (I think they climbed up via the footwells) but it could just be the car cooling. I’m praying they haven’t somehow fallen out of the engine or gotten stuck!!! I’ve put fruit and honey water on the floor, hopefully they’ll get hungry as the engine cools and climb back down. If anyone has advice or help please let me know, I’m absolutely heartbroken.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 22 2021
10:50:01 PM
peanutandpolly Starting Member 5 Posts
Did you find them?! I lost one in my airvent but he cane back down by the pedals. I had resorted to having my mechanic come rip my entire car apart to find him…
Question
Dec 24 2021
05:02:46 PM
bunandpancake Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by peanutandpolly

Did you find them?! I lost one in my airvent but he cane back down by the pedals. I had resorted to having my mechanic come rip my entire car apart to find him…

Yes thankfully, it was terrifying as I wasn’t sure whether they could get through to the engine or out of the car! Mine went in and out through the footwells as well, I had a few hours of panicking and cursing myself as the worst pet owner ever before the little cheeky ones popped back down! The glider noises didn’t work for me, but an apple covered in honey down by the footwells did the trick! I was also researching how to dismantle my dash to try and rescue them. They are home now and currently attacking a feather toy.
Question
Dec 24 2021
05:17:04 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders