Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
(Not-so) Virgin birth near Christmas joey, "PaleTail," piebald?
Pictures
Dec 29 2021
12:36:05 PM
So here is joey PT

don't find his fur here, he had some of my sweat on him from being in the bounding pouch with the other 3 and me doing housework.

Here is Ace with PaleTail hitching a ride. We are inside a bonding tent here but the screen of the tent did not show in the photo.

Those of you who know from markings, does PaleTail look like a mosaic/piebald? I did look on several sites for markings but I am not familiar with much of the terminological vocabulary.

Since the 90s I have never had any glider that was not a gray or a whiteface until Echo (the daddy) who is.. some sort of mosaic maybe, I don't think his rings on his tail are dark enough to count as ringtail.

And, since the 90s, I have always consistently had sugar gliders and my current 3 (now 4) represent gliders 5,6,7 (and now 8). There is always overlap with gliders as well. Only one glider died before reaching double digits - yet his twin sister is still hoppin' along (PhiPhi). To date we suspect it was likely cancer or something since he was fine until he was not. No other glider at that time had anything wrong with them and there was not a fight or anything nutritional or anything that I could pinpoint.

I grew-up glider but always am learning something new.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders