Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Constipation, please help
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 08 2022
09:36:16 PM
I have one glider that has struggled off and on with terrible constipation for almost two years now. I've taken her to vets. They've done scans to check for blockages (nope), they've done fecals (all clean), I changed diets, etc. Sometimes it will get better and she'll be fine and then without any warning or any change in environment or diet, she'll just go right back to struggling to poop. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!!!! I'm so sick and tired of vets having no answers. I hate seeing her in pain and struggling so badly. *cries* I don't know what to do. I give her citrus or pumpkin puree and that helps for a little while, but it's only temporary and I don't know what is at the root of this problem.
She is also very underweight. She's 65 grams. Never gains, never loses, just stays there. She eats very well and is very active and in other ways she is very healthy. I just don't know what's going on inside of her...
Any help would be very much appriciated...
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2022
11:25:38 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Get a notebook.
write down the dates, the foods you fed each day, and the changes you see.
my glider gets a little TOO runny when she gets cucumber multiple days in a row. so she gets cucumber once then not for a few days.
I assume you're keeping their food rotation...on a rotation? with variation and such?
otherwise her body could just be processing then get too much of one thing. Just like humans can have happen to them.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2022
09:37:09 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
Shall do.
Yes, she is on OHPW and I rotate salads every little bit.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 12 2022
11:22:28 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Keep us updated if you find anything out!

our family is also a family of falconers, and there's enough scientific need for writing things down and taking notes of weight and behaviour and even the weather that I've translated it into just about everything I have to keep alive... plants, suggies... everything!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 12 2022
11:33:21 AM
That is really cool!
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 16 2022
01:10:21 PM
Turns out that Dreamer had a severe colon impaction. She had to have surgery to remove the poop and is recovering now. The vet was saying that it is possible she has megacolon. Anyone know anything about that condition in sugar gliders? I'll take all the help I can get, I feel so over my head right now.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders