Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bringing my Gliders to US
Question
Feb 23 2022
08:36:54 PM
Hi, I'm new but have utilized this forum a lot before registering. I live in Taiwan and two years ago I found two sugar gliders abandoned in a rusty cage in the park. They're a boy and a girl named Mango and Papaya. I wanted to find a home for them here but they were badly abused before us and don't trust people. I love them but I know air travel and relocation can be hard on them. I've tried animal sanctuaries but no one is willing to help. So I'm left to try and take them to the United States. The problem is I'm going to Seattle but all the flights stop in California. And they are illegal there.
My question is this. Can I bring them through the San Francisco airport if it's only a layover and my final destination is elsewhere or will they take the gliders from me? I just want the best for them. Thanks for any help!
Question
Feb 24 2022
06:41:33 AM
moonrat Starting Member 3 Posts
Bless you for your efforts in helping these wonderful little creatures <3

I would call both the airline and airport to ask about their rules and regulations on bringing them with you.
Not sure but since california isn't your final destination it wouldn't be a huge issue?
Air travel is tricky though, especially now, idk if it's a possibility to look at having a flight that goes to vancouver then to seattle?

I've also been curious about what traveling across borders with them would be like in regards to policies in place. Do they need updated vet documents within a certain time frame?
I know things greatly differ between modes of transportation also, and air is the most strict. (I live on the bc/washington border and used to travel back and forth once a week via boat quite easily before 2020)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders