Sleepy Suggie Starting Member 4 Posts
While my two sugar gliders where out having their out of cage time in their glider proofed room I heard a weird plastic rattling noise just out of my line of sight, I looked over and discovered one of my gliders playing with the cap of an empty medicine bottle that I had forgotten to put away. It made me realize that if they HAD gotten into something they shouldn't have I would have no way of getting them to a vet that is not only open in the middle of the night but also treats sugar gliders in time. My experience with dogs instinctively tells me that inducing vomiting with hydrogen peroxide is the best course of action but is that the case for sugar gliders?
What should you do if you sugar glider ingests something toxic and you are incapable of getting them to the vet?