Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My sugar glider bites
My sugar glider bites
Question
Apr 18 2022
07:21:49 PM
Sorry if I make mistakes I barely joined but my sugar glider (male) randomly starts attacking and biting my hand at the point I have to take them off and put them in their cage and boop their nose a Bit (not hard) and I don't know what to do so please help (also I've had them for around since January 25 I think)
Question
Apr 21 2022
11:54:13 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Hello!

remember that owning Sugar Gliders is one of the most patience building exercises one can participate in! January to now is NOT that long in the land of a tiny suggie's trust!

Remember that to a sugar glider, your hand is a big, very scary thing. So you want to introduce your hand to the sugar gliders very slowly and gently.
introduce your hand into their cage, if they want to come and take treats off, yay! If they want to climb on it and explore, yay! but remember to move slowly and gently and try not to invade their space much until they are starting to invade your space (climbing on you, popping at you.. those kinds of things) You just need patience! they need to get used to you still, and you need to be very steady in how you proceed with them. learning what they really love and how they like to be petted helps a lot! one suggie will sit there for MINUTES while I scratch behind her ears, but she hates her belly being touched. The other is entirely uncaring about her ears but heaven forbid you touch her belly!
Point is, you're not doing anything wrong. Be gentle with them and remember that they're wary!
Question
May 01 2022
11:37:13 PM
BWsugargliders Starting Member Visit BWsugargliders's Photo Album 8 Posts
Thank you so much this helped me alot. Bacon trust me now and we haven't had taht incident but waffle still needs a little more bonding lol tha k you for the tips!!!
My sugar glider bites

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My sugar glider bites