Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My sugar gliders escape
My sugar gliders escape
Question
Apr 18 2022
07:37:10 PM
I have two sugar gliders bacon(male) and waffle (female) two days ago bacon and waffle escaped and went to the back of the house(into my brother's room) (my room is upfront) and when I went to check their cage for holes there was none so I just added a blanket on the bottom of my door to prevent them to go to another room in the house in case they escape again but they ended up escaping last night into my parents room and the cage door was open (can they open doors?) So I don't know how to prevent this please help me!!!!!!
Question
Apr 18 2022
07:39:11 PM
BWsugargliders Starting Member Visit BWsugargliders's Photo Album 8 Posts
Also we have small dogs so I'm scared they will bite them (in there first escape bacon was all wet since the dogs were chasing him and nipping at him)
Question
Apr 19 2022
03:40:10 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
What type of doors does your cage have? (if there is any kind of guillotine doors, they can easily open those, they are also quite prone to open some kind of lock systems if they can manage to access it through the bars).
Also what is the bar space, and are there by any chance even one spot where the bar space is a bit larger than the rest (bent bar or top/bottom of the grid) or any space in a corner where they could just pass (more than half an inch and they can pass)?

Edited by - sjusovare on Apr 19 2022 03:40:48 PM
Question
May 01 2022
11:35:34 PM
BWsugargliders Starting Member Visit BWsugargliders's Photo Album 8 Posts
Thanks for the tips since then I've had no incidents but I put my hand through the bars and it doesn't go past my fingers so yea I added some wire with rubber around it so they don't escape and its been working well Thank you!!!
My sugar gliders escape

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My sugar gliders escape