Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP!! Scratch on one of gliders tail!!!!
Question
Aug 22 2022
12:21:44 AM
Hi, quick introduction! I have had two gliders (neutered male and female) for about 6 months. They are both bonded to me, one more then other but that doesn’t concern this topic.

Before I start I’d like to apologize if my English is bad. It is not my first language!!

Today I was doing tent time and I noticed a long skinny scratch against my gliders tail. It wasn’t there yesterday during tent time, and nothing unusual happened yesterday that I know of. It was the same routine. The scratch didnt go through the skin from what I saw, it just got off the furr. I added nothing new to the cage, and I don’t believe anything in the cage could’ve possibly done that. My glider didn’t seem harmed at all, neither of them did. (keep in mind the scratch was only on one glider, and that is the only problem I noticed in both of them.) and his tail didn’t seem injured either. He was able to glide, move, jump, climb, etc etc around just fine. He also seemed very joyful as usual, and had no loss of appetite! I don’t know if this is something to be concerned about or if there is something wrong with my cage. (3 story critter nation) most of these items have been in here for about a month and I’ve had no problems. Sorry for the long story but does anybody know if I should take him to the vet and if this is something to take into concern?? Should I just let it heal?? Should I put cream on it daily and put special items in my cage? I don’t know, but I am scared. Please help!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders