Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Random aggression and attack PLEASE HELP!!
Question
Aug 23 2022
10:18:17 PM
So I have a colony of 3 gliders, 1 male (captain 1yrold) and 2 females (Hantu 1yrold and Sierra 2yrold) Captain and Sierra have been together since January and Hantu has been bonded with them since March. Last week I came down in the morning to find Hantu on the wheel, shaking with her tail torn to bits. After alot of trouble and heartache she had surgery, had to have half her tail amputated and we figured out Sierra was the one responsible. Captain has been awesome and hasn't wanted to be away from her at all and even wouldn't leave her side for the first 24 hours which meant staying in the bra pouch with her (which he doesn't really like to do) anyway he's been adorable and awesome and I live him for being so awesome to her.

BUT the question is what would make Sierra do that? They have been bonded, they aren't new to each other. It was really kinda random. Hantu is very timid and shy and really just hangs out at the bottom of the pouch when the three of them are together and loves just running on the wheel all the time. Sierra stands up for herself when she doesn't like something but it's not like she goes looking for fights. Now anytime they are anywhere near each other it's a thing. I've made it so they can't get to each other, but Sierra will smell out and go for Hantu and Hantu will lose her mind when Sierra is around.

Bottom line? What can I do? Do I absolutely have to rehome one of them? Can I rebond them? Is there something wrong with Sierra? I'm so lost they are my babies I love them like my kids I don't want to send anyone away #128543; Any help and Advice?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders