Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New owner! How to bond easier?
Question
Jan 11 2023
08:14:03 PM
I’m a newish owner only ah Ethel for about a months and a half.. They are bonding okay but they are constantly being nippy or shying away. I’m trying not to push it but could I get some tips? The female is being VERY crabby and crabs even if I put my hand near her but she only crabs while in one of her hides or pouches. I’m just not sure what to do. I put them in their bonding pouch and I take them out in public while tucked away in my hoodie or bonding pouch and they love it. They are getting better but if anyone has some tips PLEASE let me know!
Question
Mar 27 2023
02:45:09 AM
SuggieSlave1991 Joey 18 Posts
1st you wanna start by switching out each other's sleeping pouches so that way they can get Used To each other's scent. Also get them out and put them in the bathtub together with you supervising of course. Do this every day and then offer them a brand new pouch with neither 1 Of their scent on it. You also want to clean the cage entirely that They are going to be living in with each other so that way neither one has any of their scent in it. Once you finally get them in the new pouch together in the bathtub, Then you can move it into the cage after it's cleaned and you should be ok after that.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders