Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Separate food isn’t helping with food aggression :(
Behavior
Oct 28 2023
07:03:20 PM
I have 2 neutered boys, both about 6 and a half months now. Pickle is being extremely dominant and I don’t know what to do. 75% of the time he doesn’t let Olive eat, even if I give them separate food, Pickle won’t eat his own, he just wants to take Olive’s food. Pickle also aggressive grooms Olive at night. Not enough to leave marks, but I hear that hissing noise for what seems like forever in the middle of the night. It’s way louder and more aggressive than the first few weeks I’ve had them, so this aggressive behavior has been going on for at least 6 weeks now. I constantly get up to check on them when I hear it and pickle is always on top of him and clawing him, and it’s like he won’t let him move. I’m worried about Olive not getting enough food, he is way smaller than Pickle, not sickly but Pickle definitely seems a little chunky in comparison. Olive doesn’t put up a fight because he’s the sweetest submissive little thing. I hear him barking from time to time and I’m convinced he wants me to come to the rescue. In the small amount of time that’s not happening, they’re running together in their wheel or cuddling. These are my first gliders so someone help me I’m knew to all of this!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders