Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Separate food isnt helping with food aggression :(
Behavior
Oct 28 2023
07:03:20 PM
I have 2 neutered boys, both about 6 and a half months now. Pickle is being extremely dominant and I dont know what to do. 75% of the time he doesnt let Olive eat, even if I give them separate food, Pickle wont eat his own, he just wants to take Olives food. Pickle also aggressive grooms Olive at night. Not enough to leave marks, but I hear that hissing noise for what seems like forever in the middle of the night. Its way louder and more aggressive than the first few weeks Ive had them, so this aggressive behavior has been going on for at least 6 weeks now. I constantly get up to check on them when I hear it and pickle is always on top of him and clawing him, and its like he wont let him move. Im worried about Olive not getting enough food, he is way smaller than Pickle, not sickly but Pickle definitely seems a little chunky in comparison. Olive doesnt put up a fight because hes the sweetest submissive little thing. I hear him barking from time to time and Im convinced he wants me to come to the rescue. In the small amount of time thats not happening, theyre running together in their wheel or cuddling. These are my first gliders so someone help me Im knew to all of this!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders