Events and Calendar
Event: Florida: Nonnative Pet Amnesty Day
Florida: Nonnative Pet Amnesty Day
Event
Dec 19 2007
01:07:09 AM

2008 February 23

At the Miami Metro Zoo from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM people can drop off nonnative species (exotics), no questions asked, to be adopted out.

To be eligible to adopt, you must submit an application by a January 20, 2008 deadline.

For more details and contact information, both email and telephone, see the website at at MyFWC.com .
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 10 2008
07:30:53 PM
Roz Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Roz's Photo Album USA 902 Posts
By the way this was a great success...lots of animals turned in and they ALL got new homes....Good show Metro Zoo. If you are ever in Miami make it a point to check out this cageless zoo...it is hugh and beautiful. Acres and acres...there is a train to take ppl around or you can rent the scoot a round or bicycles for two or four..with a surry top. Zoo keeper all over and are happy to answer any questions...my favorite area..of course is the primates!!!!!!!!!!!
Event
Apr 07 2008
08:33:46 PM
Anonymous - 4 Posts
They should do something like that in Texas. I know that there are a lot of exotics here, partially because the border region makes it easier to get them, its cheaper, and because Texas is gigantic so there is more room. My little sister had a friend in elementary school (this was about 8 years ago), and her grandfather gave her a tiger for one of her birthdays. Obviously they were well off, but who gives a kid a tiger? Anyway, I have known a lot of people with exotics. One person had an anaconda that they got bored of and released on their ranch. I would not want to run into that knowing how big they get. Some kind of amnesty program here in Texas would be great. Well everywhere, but I live in Texas.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Events and Calendar
Event: Florida: Nonnative Pet Amnesty Day