Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Someone found a Sugar Glider in MD
Information
Dec 18 2008
09:11:23 AM
I was browsing Craig's List & found this ad which I copied & pasted below. I know its a long shot but just in case anyone in the area has lost a glider ...
*Begin paste*
Yesterday while walking to do laundry my fiancee and I stumbled across a sugarglider hanging out at the base of a tree right across from the 711 and horizon building on calvert street, it couldn't have escaped to recently because he let us come near him and pet him but any time we tried to pick him up he would scurry back up the tree. Im going to see if he is stil hanging around that tree after work today because I would like to get him back home before a cat or the cold gets him. so if you've lost him then that's where he is.
*End Paste*

The ad said this was in MT Vernon area. I am going to try and contact this person & see if I can help find this poor glider (maybe give some tips on capturing) or offer to take him/her in if his/her home can't be located.

Default, miscellaneous
Dec 18 2008
09:14:47 AM
Nicole87 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Nicole87's Photo Album MD, USA 650 Posts
Mt. vernon is less than an hour away from my house. I hope she gets him back!
Information
Dec 18 2008
09:15:22 AM
Zahra Super Glider GliderMap Visit Zahra's Photo Album USA 321 Posts
please send them a pic of a flying squirrel and one of a sugar glider too, i know somewhere there is a pic of the 2 side by side but you can just find separate ones online. i'm betting it is a flying squirrel- that happens a lot. good luck!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 18 2008
10:27:13 AM
Anjlefire Glider Visit Anjlefire's Photo Album 111 Posts
Just an update ...
I have heard back from the person who is trying to capture the glider. They are going back today to see if they can locate & possibly capture this glider. Apparently the glider is friendly, but scared.

Will update again as I know more.
Information
Dec 18 2008
03:04:06 PM
alexarae1 Joey Visit alexarae1's Photo Album 49 Posts
Acquila has lost 2 gliders I'm not sure her area but maybe you should check with her. I really hope so she has been SOOO upset!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 18 2008
03:29:21 PM
mccubbins7 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit mccubbins7's Photo Album USA 681 Posts
yea she lost all three of her babies..
but shes in oregon..

Default, miscellaneous
Dec 18 2008
09:51:46 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
There are many glider owners in the area willing to help out, or take this baby if necessary. Offers of pouches, food, help with catching ...

Please let me know if any of this would be appreciated.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 18 2008
10:13:12 PM
Nicole87 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Nicole87's Photo Album MD, USA 650 Posts
i'll take the drive to save a suggie...
Information
Dec 18 2008
10:24:51 PM
Jaclyn13 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Jaclyn13's Photo Album Jaclyn13's Journal AZ, USA 1359 Posts
i have to say the flying squirrel is very cute!

Default, miscellaneous
Dec 21 2008
06:13:39 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
Any update on this?

Was the glider caught?
Information
Dec 22 2008
12:42:18 PM
Anjlefire Glider Visit Anjlefire's Photo Album 111 Posts
No, sadly the glider wasn't caught ... at least by myself, or the person who originally posted.
I just hope that someone else was looking and did find him or her. If not ... then he or she is safe at the rainbow bridge because there would have been 100% chance of survival last night, or today even ... it's "freeze the snot in your nose" cold out!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders