Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding potion
Bonding potion
Information
Jun 26 2010
12:49:49 PM
So when I bought my nail-o-matic and wodent wheels, I saw this product and was skeptical to buy it. But I did anyway, just to satisfy my curiousity. Remember that I still have my aggresive Maiko that is extremely pouch protective. I put the spray on my hands, and then sprayed a small amount on the pouch they were in. Amazingly, I was able to open the pouch without getting any carabbing from Maiko. He usually crabs alot from his pouch, no matter what I have done to try and relax him. Yes, he is still un-neutered, their well check is on the 6th and we will schedule the neuter then. BUT, this stuff seems to at least relax him a little so I can stick my hand in there without any ninja stance and lunging. He simply sticks his head in the air and sniffs the glider spray, and then closes his eyes back up. If I get froggy, maybe I'll do a video of with spray and without spray t show the difference.
I give it 4 stars out of 5 ****

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
12:59:24 PM
peeka-boo Glider Visit peeka-boo's Photo Album 163 Posts
Do you know what the ingredients are? I'm curious about this product...Maybe it can help me with the aggressive leu :o
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
01:09:40 PM
scr2486 Super Glider Visit scr2486's Photo Album 239 Posts
hmm that is very interesting. where did you get this from? I wonder what is in it that makes them more calm?
Information
Jun 26 2010
01:11:45 PM
joeymum Face Hugger Visit joeymum's Photo Album joeymum's Journal USA 454 Posts
From the website:

Sugar Glider Naturals™ is a line of products developed exclusively for SunCoast Sugar Gliders by experts in the fields of herbology and botanics. Long before "green" was considered cool, these folks sought out new ways to develop products from non-toxic, natural sources. With nearly 30 years experience in the industry, they are considered pioneers today.

In the late 1970's and early 1980's (...just shut up if you weren't born yet!), traditional products were using more and more harsh chemicals, compliments of "weird science". As our team of experts had kids during this time, they looked for more natural alternatives to make safer products for beings and the environment. But creating the products was only half the battle.

It took years of trial and error before their formulations were considered effective enough to go up against the harsher chemical products. After all, if a product doesn't work, then it doesn't make much difference if it's non-toxic and natural!

We are honored to be working with this team of specialized researchers, formulators and chemists to help us develop non-toxic, natural formulas for sugar gliders. The ingredients used in the Sugar Glider Naturals™ line are sourced directly from Mother Nature. To preserve the integrity of these products, we only use HDPE (#2) plastic bottles in packaging, so there are no issues with toxins leaching into the Naturals line.

An Important Note about Ingredients:

The ingredients in this line are natural botanicals (come from plants) that are non-toxic to humans and animals. They are extremely gentle and can be used a on baby's tender skin. We only create formulations that are safe enough to be ingested, although we don't recommend it! Examples of the kinds of ingredients used in these products are essential plant oils and other plant-based extracts, mixed with distilled water. Ingredients are certified to be free of carcinogens and other hazardous substances.

It is critical to be aware that just because a product claims it is natural does not mean it is safe. For example, "arsenic" is completely natural, but it's also poisonous. Petroleum distillates are also natural, but there have been reports that some may cause cancer. In fact, many "natural products" listing their ingredients intentionally exclude the small percentage of synthetic chemicals included. Unfortunately, they can get away with this because the market is not yet being regulated.

We believe it is important to share what we have learned during our product formulation processes, so we have listed potentially dangerous ingredients included in many "natural" products on the market today:

Benzene
1,4 dioxane
Phosphates
Nonylphenol Ethoxylates
Phthalates
1,4-dichlorobenzene
Glycol Ethers
Ammonia
Chlorine
Ethanolamines
Limonene
Pine Oil
Coconut Diethanolamide

The Sugar Glider Naturals™ line contains none of these ingredients.

Even if a product contains an ingredient list and claims to be safe, natural and biodegrable, we encourage you to ask the company whether their product(s) contain any of those listed above. Because these ingredients often exist in extremely small amounts, companies claim the miniscule amounts are harmless, which is a belief also shared by some government regulators. But we think about it this way:

Sugar gliders are tiny little animals, so a teensy amount here, along with a smidgen there, has the potential to add up over time. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Lastly, not all the ingredients we use to formulate these products can be classified as organic, as defined by the USDA's organic certification process (which typically takes 5 years, by the way). However, the ingredients are certified to be free of carcinogens and other hazardous substances commonly found in synthetic ingredients (see list above). Our product formulators have cultivated relationships with the most reputable suppliers and distillers all over the world.

I could not find the actual ingredients list anywhere.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
01:13:23 PM
Bought it here:

Error, missing URL. m
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
01:29:45 PM
wow thanks for all that helpful info! just added to my favorites tab!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
01:33:37 PM
no problem. It came in the mail 2 days ago, and I have had much less crabbing overall from Maiko. Nt sure if it is the full moon everyone is talking about or the potion. I just went in to do the "no spray" video and I opened the cage to find quiet big eyes just starin up at me, n lunge r crabbing. HE ALWAYS crabs when I go into his pouch. I also have them in the parachute style pouch as well, not the traditional, not sure if that is making a difference.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
01:41:19 PM
My one girl Zoe aaaaaaaalways crabs when I reach into her pouch too! She always gives me the ninja stance as well. I will definitely look into getting this spray as well. However, I just bought the Stealth wheel, Trim Trax, and Camille's meal worms....so I'm going to have to wait a little :(
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
01:41:29 PM
Thank you so much for the information! I think I'm going to order a bottle of it for my gliders soon! (:
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
02:00:55 PM
Megs06 BANNED_ACCOUNT Gliderpedia Editor Visit Megs06's Photo Album USA 1 Posts
McKenna think you could order me some and when I sell the lil boy I could pay you back with that money? I want this stuff soooo badly; I've read about it before and was going to order it the week I got paid and then ending up in the situation I'm in, so, obviously, no bonding potion. Let me know! <3
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
07:56:34 PM
Here is a video of Maikoo, in all his aggressive glory, with no spray on my hands. He is extremely aggressive and attacks big time if you come near the pouch. I try not too jump from him, but when I recorded this, he actually lunged and nipped pretty good.

P.S. I'm extremely camera shy, so don't mind me talking funny! :(

Error, missing URL. 0
Information
Jun 26 2010
08:04:09 PM
The after spray Maiko...wow!

Error, missing URL. E
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
08:05:57 PM
Sure Meg, I'm not sure when I can order it yet either, but when I do I'll order you an extra bottle! (:
And joeymum, I don't think that link works :/ at least not for me
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
08:07:57 PM
I just uploaded them, not sure if that matters? Maybe I'll try straight loading them here.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
08:08:22 PM
Joeymum: Your videos are set to private.

McKenna: You're right about the most awesome human EVER.. next to me of course.
Information
Jun 26 2010
08:22:20 PM
Ok, I changed it to public...I'm new at this stuff....

*Edited since not everyone swears like a sailor like me and I didn't mean to sound mean, thats just how us Army folk are ;)

Edited by - joeymum on Jun 26 2010 09:13:52 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
09:22:15 PM
I just watched the videos... That stuff is incredible! DO WANT!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
09:26:03 PM
LOL, it funny isn't it?? It's like he is 2 different gliders.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2010
10:57:32 PM
If you hadn't specified I would have thought just that!
I REALLY want this stuff!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2010
01:57:15 AM
foxman09 Joey 28 Posts
Lol maybe everyone who has this problem just stinks and this potion masks your smells.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2010
05:39:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not the problem
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2010
12:03:56 PM
just watched the videos. incredible!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2010
06:23:11 PM
addicted Starting Member 2 Posts
lol you should send that into suncoast! I bought that stuff a few months ago and it really helps calm down tense suggie!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2010
06:35:10 PM
WintersSong Fuzzy Wuzzy 1417 Posts
I'm really skeptical of the product, and personally -- I wouldn't use it (despite hearing that it had good results).

I wonder, what are the effects when the sprays not used? Like, when you move on from it?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2010
08:12:07 PM
Well, I don't use it every single time I handle Maiko. I only use it when he is exceptinally aggressive or pouch protective, as he was in the video. I beleive there is no exact ingredient list because they would like the product to be theirs exclusively, but I could be wrong. I have no idea what long term effects of the product are, but as with cat nip, I'm sure it is some sort of euphoric effect n the glider. If it is harmful, then I'm a bad mom, but right now it is bringing Maiko and I closer than we have been able to get since I bought him over 2 months ago.

If anyone knows of any harmful effects, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee share them! :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 28 2010
12:02:13 AM
Farns Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Farns's Photo Album USA 842 Posts
I bought a bottle of the stuff when it first came out and was not sure. I am still not sure about it but our gliders are not overly aggressive. The males even less since being neutered. I did notice that they were less likely to bite when i put this on my hands but then if you are easy and slow in movements with ours, normally they will only bite if you try to hold them still. I think I remember reading somewhere on the SunCoast site that it is all natural but in being so, has a shelf-life so it may be good for only six months to a year before not being potent or just toss an buy new. If there is a question, e-mail Suncoast about it and see what they say. I use the Pure Ayre deodorizer and it works well and I believe the deodorizer is supposed to be all natural too. If unsure, go easy with it and e-mail Lisa at Suncoast and ask her about the ingredients.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 29 2010
11:35:42 AM
skeeterabc Joey 49 Posts
I have used it on Aerial, when i first got here, I truly believe it helped in the bonding process. I used it for about a week and had no problems with her after I stopped. She is a real sweet heart...
Bonding potion

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding potion