Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
video log of kazkos method of intros
Information
Jan 03 2011
03:28:30 PM
thanks kazko for your information and experience an i would have to say this method really works

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2011
05:04:37 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
Do you plan on neutering your male..? o.O
Information
Jan 03 2011
05:05:31 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
In the first video you sound like Bill Murry in Caddy Shack I wasn't sure what to expect. That's awesome that this method worked for you!!Your cat looks like it wants to eat them though, be careful!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2011
05:19:45 PM
torilynn Face Hugger Visit torilynn's Photo Album 789 Posts
How big is ur cage?
Information
Jan 03 2011
05:50:10 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
That's not his actual cage. This cage was just for the purpose of Kazko's method.

Edited by - KuroNeko on Jan 03 2011 05:51:59 PM
Information
Jan 03 2011
07:25:12 PM
1989jeremy Super Glider Visit 1989jeremy's Photo Album 1989jeremy's Journal USA 352 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by KuroNeko

i eventually will but i want to experience raising a joey. Im getting the rejection kit tomorrow from suz's site
@catman-she was curious of what i was doing but trust me she goes nowhere near them, she actually dont like my girls but for some reason she likes max because after i took him out his old cage and was cleaning it she was rubbing all over it lol it was funny yet disturbing
@torilynn-as kuroneko stated that small thing was used for that purpose only my biggest cage is 7 ft tall and i have 2 medium cages that came with my 2 girls. I actually didnt think i would ever use that small cage but it came in handy after all
Information
Jan 03 2011
08:21:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 1989jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by KuroNeko

i eventually will but i want to experience raising a joey. Im getting the rejection kit tomorrow from suz's site

I'm actually not sure I would have gone the route you did with having joeys because you may have a higher risk of cannibalization and rejection, but I wish you luck any ways.

http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31043
Information
Jan 03 2011
08:35:59 PM
virtual_diver Face Hugger Visit virtual_diver's Photo Album virtual_diver's Journal USA 574 Posts
Did the gliders hate you after this?

How did you get them into cage? Seperately with the water on? Did you use one of their pouches? Would a pouch that neither had used before work best? Had you turned off the water when you introduced the pouch? How long (after they went in the pouch) before you put them in the big cage? It seems kind of drastic but if it works in a hard case!!!

The last time I intro-ed Kiwi & Lady, they tied up so bad I couldn't get them apart & was fixing to douse them with water when they finally broke it up.
Information
Jan 03 2011
10:57:49 PM
1989jeremy Super Glider Visit 1989jeremy's Photo Album 1989jeremy's Journal USA 352 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by virtual_diver

Did the gliders hate you after this?

How did you get them into cage? Seperately with the water on? Did you use one of their pouches? Would a pouch that neither had used before work best? Had you turned off the water when you introduced the pouch? How long (after they went in the pouch) before you put them in the big cage? It seems kind of drastic but if it works in a hard case!!!

The last time I intro-ed Kiwi & Lady, they tied up so bad I couldn't get them apart & was fixing to douse them with water when they finally broke it up.

lol actually they didnt hate me. I think they were finally happy to be together because they would bark back and forth all the time.
they were already in the cage when i used the water i just had the bottom off of it and i just raised it up while they were at the top and put the bottom on.
I would say yes to using a fresh pouch but not every glider is the same..mine had been used for a short time but was washed and in one of my drawers.
I didnt have the water on for an hour i just got them wet and doused them a couple of times and stopped.in the video i turned the water on to sorta startle them again but yea the water was off when i put the pouch in.
I left them in the small cage overnight to be sure nothing happened, then i went ahead and put them in the big cage because i wouldnt be able to get my 12 in wodent wheel in the other cages without it being really crowded.
I think this is a great method, i mean it does seem a little harsh but it does work and they dont be wet long. I would say after about an hour they were mostly dry.
Right now they're running around playin in the cage
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2011
11:42:10 PM
Jerzgirl Glider 64 Posts
Thanks for posting!!! I'm so happy to see that it's all working out for you and your crew!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2011
11:49:05 PM
thanx me to..now i got a lil more room in my room lol..they all seem happy as well
Information
Jan 04 2011
08:53:30 AM
Binkys mom Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Binkys mom's Photo Album AL, USA 779 Posts
i'm glad that everything is working out for you.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2011
10:32:57 AM
torilynn Face Hugger Visit torilynn's Photo Album 789 Posts
I have 4 different sizes as well from differnt things I have bottle raised good to know i can put that snall cage to use when I try intros.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2011
03:06:22 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
I am thinking I will have to do this with my girls, how did you get yours wet, I just don't see how it can be done.

Did you just put them all in a cage together and then turn on the shower?

I was also wondering how they got along before this intro.
Did they fight or was this their first time meeting?

I am hesitant about getting mine wet if it will not work out anyway.

My two girl colonies seem to dislike being next to one another but will chirp, hiss and bark all night together. They also enjoy pouches that one another have been in more than clean pouches. So I guess they kinda like each other they just have face to face issues.

Edited by - viciousencounters on Jan 04 2011 05:49:34 PM
Information
Jan 04 2011
06:07:03 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Like Scott said, having the cat there probably made them all even more nervous. It really isnt advisable to have a predator around them at anytime. I am saying this for the newer owners who might think this is alright -- it isnnt.

Im glad it all worked out for you.
Information
Jan 04 2011
10:07:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by viciousencounters

I am thinking I will have to do this with my girls, how did you get yours wet, I just don't see how it can be done.

My two girl colonies seem to dislike being next to one another but will chirp, hiss and bark all night together. They also enjoy pouches that one another have been in more than clean pouches. So I guess they kinda like each other they just have face to face issues.

yea just put them all in the cage and turn the water on. i made sure it wasnt to hot or cold and just douse them a little, dont put it full force on them i dont think that would be good. at first i was confused on that part.
they had met once before and it went alright it was just chichi kept grabbing at max so i decided to try this method. I really do recommend this to anybody doing intros its super easy. like other posts i have read i do believe that if they dont get along the first time and they remember their scent it could take a really long time to get them all together, if you even can.
@Rita- i know all about the cat and sugar glider deal, she actually snuck in there i didnt know until when i pointed the camera at her and you can see i was telling her to get out but i also kno she wouldnt go near them,she so spoiled she dont like any type of female lol its funny actually but since i got them she kno longer sleeps in my room, she barely lets me pet her,but yea i agree newcomers should kno not to let any predator around them
Information
Jan 05 2011
12:50:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by viciousencounters

Ed used this same method recently with his 2 outcasted solo gliders and it work for him. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.

Edit:

Found it!
http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31028

Edited by - KuroNeko on Jan 05 2011 01:18:48 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 05 2011
02:37:36 AM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
Thank you both.

If the scents affect them that much then I am SOL. I mean they both play in the same room [at different times] and both cages are in the guest bedroom. I think Luna in particular is mad about her hair being pulled out...

Grrrr. I think I will do it this way but no one on here will hear about it anytime soon, the mother from my new pair of gliders is still learning to trust us, I feel like it would be unwise to get her all wet and flustered during this point in our bonding.

I am actually really surprised that this works but I am glad that you posted because I was not quite sure what I was going to do next with mine.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders