Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
people glider costumes
people glider costumes
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Aug 30 2011
11:22:38 PM
HI guys, my birthday is coming up on this Halloween, and i would really love to make a glider costume for myself.

Ive done a bit of googling and couldnt find anything other than this:

and this :

now i dont really like either of them, but i think the one on the left in the first picture is wayy better.

I was curious if i could get help or ideas!?!
Or if anyone knows where i can purchase one you would be amazing!

Im not quite sure if i want a mask, i was really thinking about getting a big onsie, and some how coloring it appropriatly. I would cut the sides and sew fabric from the wrist to the ankle, i want it to be all open and airy inside of the costume (more room for real suggies ) not like a cape that drapes down, and sew a hood to make ears and also a tail on the back.

Kinda like the costume the kid has in "where the wild things are". I really dont want it look anything like this:

NO offense to anyone with their costumes!!!! i just kniow what i want and dont want!

ANY and all help or constructive criticism is welcome!

I have a couple months to get it made so please help me out in any wayyyy

ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME ;]

Edited by - hey GLIDERS on Aug 30 2011 11:30:19 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2011
01:00:00 PM
LuuLuu Face Hugger GliderMap Visit LuuLuu's Photo Album USA 970 Posts
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, because I was thinking about making my daughter a sugar glider costume for halloween..... Good luck and post a pic of the end product once you figure something out!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2011
06:44:01 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
Lol, you should make a pouch for the costume. Make it where is has zipper closure so that you can have gliders in it.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2011
09:25:31 PM
ToughCheeseSmallPaws Face Hugger Visit ToughCheeseSmallPaws's Photo Album USA 579 Posts
I know a few people you should ask- but check out some of the fur suit communities (with a grain of salt). There are quite a few awesome ones I can recommend to you (they make it an absolute art) and some to avoid- try to stay away from cartoon-ish if you can...

www.beetlecatoriginals.com/

This girl is my absolute favorite ever and I covet her stuff- she also has some really awesome tutorials... especially on her Deviant art site...

beetlecat.deviantart.com/

When I find some tutorials I will send them to you
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2011
09:51:29 AM
kimbo6605 Super Glider Visit kimbo6605's Photo Album kimbo6605's Journal USA 275 Posts
her stuff is great but she is closed because of her wedding lol thats sad cause now i want one lol
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 06 2011
12:02:05 AM
roxiesmomma Super Glider GliderMap Visit roxiesmomma's Photo Album 389 Posts
This cracks me up! I think they are cute!! Anyone ever see the CSI episode when people dressed up as animals for some crazy reason?? Reminds me of that.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 06 2011
01:17:12 AM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts
Roxie- are you talking about Furries? That's an entire sub culture lol! I have a "Furrie" friend. She's one of the coolest people I know. A lot of people associate all Furries with the subclass of Furries that are sex based. But a lot of them just enjoy dressing up! I dunno, sounds like a good time to me every once in a while!
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Sep 06 2011
02:27:29 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 06 2011
02:30:43 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Sep 06 2011
12:26:48 PM
roxiesmomma Super Glider GliderMap Visit roxiesmomma's Photo Album 389 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by angelmom

Roxie- are you talking about Furries? That's an entire sub culture lol! I have a "Furrie" friend. She's one of the coolest people I know. A lot of people associate all Furries with the subclass of Furries that are sex based. But a lot of them just enjoy dressing up! I dunno, sounds like a good time to me every once in a while!

YES!!! Lol, I assumed it was all sexual as well... That's what I get for believing T.V!! I love those pictures too cute
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Sep 08 2011
01:46:33 AM
Kozi Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Kozi's Photo Album Kozi's Journal WI, USA 1278 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by roxiesmomma

quote:
Originally posted by angelmom

YES!!! Lol, I assumed it was all sexual as well... That's what I get for believing T.V!! I love those pictures too cute

Yeah.. sadly there's a lot of creepers out there that give the rest of people a really bad rap. =/
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 09 2011
02:18:02 AM
hey GLIDERS Glider 70 Posts
oh awesome! thanks for the replies guys. My main concern is how hot it gets in the costume! I live in a desert it gets really warm!

Im still looking around for different ideas but those links helped alot!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 09 2011
02:29:48 AM
Also kazko, im interested in some of the details on the costume you posted, is that you or do you know anything about it?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 25 2011
09:03:35 PM
glider bump =]
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 30 2011
06:58:27 AM
And here is what I ended with

Thers more pictures if anyone.wants to.see them.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 31 2011
09:54:13 AM
evolvinglogic Joey 14 Posts
Hey, that looks great! I am making a kigurumi (character or animal based onesie) as well!
people glider costumes

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
people glider costumes