Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Lion or tainted Sugar glider
Information
Jun 26 2012
05:16:26 AM

Hey guys , sorry for the bad image quality since i got this pictures from online as someone claims it a Lion Sugar glider .

So can anyone here verify it ?

Is it really a Lion sugar glider or just tainted ?
Information
Jun 26 2012
05:36:53 AM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts
I am far from an expert but I'd be asking to see the parents. Also I'm wondering how old this baby is? I ask because it looks to be a joey...a young one at that judging by the babyish facial features and the still smooth tail fur....and I mention that because I got a pic of my little one riding on her mama's back before she was weaned. Her mama wasn't on the best diet but with the two furs right against eachother you could really see the mama's staining when compared to the fresh grey fur of her joey.....if this guy is still nursing, not yet eating a possibly bad diet that could contribute to staining...I would say its a possibility he is some colored variation, but again, I would be needing additional background on parents & baby before I would be convinced if it were me.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2012
05:55:31 AM
KritterCare Face Hugger Visit KritterCare's Photo Album KritterCare's Journal USA 633 Posts
To me it just looks like staining... Maybe a little bit of pouch staining from mom and dad being in a dirty pouch?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2012
07:40:25 AM
petluv15 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit petluv15's Photo Album petluv15's Journal 1500 Posts
That looks like pouch staining from being in mom's pouch - sometimes mom doesn't let them out until they just can't fit and the staining can get pretty dark but will wear off/disppear over time.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2012
09:12:14 AM
SarahSuggies Glider Visit SarahSuggies's Photo Album 97 Posts
Hi :)

What a cutie! I have a breeding pair of lions and although I agree that this baby has some pouch staining he/she also has some lionish characteristics. Determining a lion from a standard grey can be very tricky especially in pictures (even with the best of best camera)and some argue that there is really no true difference. As a joey, lions can look like a standard grey but the fur color does change as they get older. I look forward to more pictures :)

Here are some pictures of my lions :)

Kovu

Kiara

Kita one of their 4 week old joeys

Edited by - SarahSuggies on Jun 26 2012 09:26:03 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders