Next |
Page: of 2
2013 SGGA Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas
Event
Aug 14 2012
01:46:03 PM

2013 July 26

Hosted by Nancy lynch. You have a year to save tose pennies, quarters, bills!! It is so worth it, Hope to see you there! All questions or suggestions or offers of help should be directed to mobmilli@yahoo.com
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 14 2012
05:04:21 PM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
I will try to be there.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2012
04:08:40 AM
som3randomp3rson Face Hugger Visit som3randomp3rson's Photo Album 971 Posts
YES! It's in Texas!!! Whoot!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2012
10:03:27 AM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
Well, now that I live in Denton, I guess I kinda have to be there!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2012
11:29:44 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
oh crap
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 18 2012
09:16:51 AM
Cora1 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Cora1's Photo Album TX, USA 935 Posts
? Kazco!
Yay Alden, havnt seen you in YEARS!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 18 2012
11:34:21 AM
Yes, Kaz - we are actually in the same state now. Is this state big enough for the both of us? Thank GOD Catman isn't here as well!

Cora - I know! But I'm a local now! So... we'll see one another!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 19 2012
12:17:56 AM
nolaglider Super Glider Visit nolaglider's Photo Album USA 243 Posts
Yay! We are in New Orleans so it will still be a long haul but its closer than this years so we should be able to make it!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 19 2012
09:39:03 PM
nolaglider Super Glider Visit nolaglider's Photo Album USA 243 Posts
oo and i didnt even notice the date...3 days before my b-day!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 20 2012
03:37:04 PM
som3randomp3rson Face Hugger Visit som3randomp3rson's Photo Album 971 Posts
So, serious question. I don't know any of you all in person (you all meaning pretty much everyone on this site), but I would like to come since it's so close. Is it weird if I come alone and don't already know people??? It seems so affordable, and I'd love to meet other people who are owned by gliders.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 20 2012
06:00:08 PM
No - it is not weird at all.

Many people come who haven't met others in person. You make friends on glider sites, you meet them at the gatherings! Come alone. Bring a significant other or friend. It is really just a great party.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 28 2013
11:13:18 PM
YodasMomma Starting Member Visit YodasMomma's Photo Album TX, USA 4 Posts
Someone fill me in? I am near DFW I need to make it!
Information
Jan 29 2013
11:28:43 AM
Here is the link to the official SGGA site. Register before April 15th and save money! Come one come all bring skin, fur, and all! It is the best gathering in the community hands down! Just never know whats coming next! www.sgga.info/
Oh and please send those donations with your card or mark on them to the email in the first post of this thread. They will be for door prizes, perhaps raffles, who knows! But they will be needed. Everything is bigger and better in Texas and this should be no different. Venders, please get your vender tables reserved. Sell us your glider goodies!

Edited by - Cora1 on Jan 29 2013 11:35:53 AM
Event
Feb 08 2013
08:26:29 PM

What is the SGGA (Sugar Glider Get Away) you ask?

The MAIN focus of the SGGA is, and always will be, education and community unification. To see, experience hands-on, and learn how different people do things... to discuss different views and techniques... and to meet other sugar glider enthusiasts face to face. This experience can be invaluable to you, the sugar glider owner. The SGGA is what you want it to be; it is what you make of it. You will get out of it exactly what you want and then some. Best of all, there should be very few questions regarding sugar gliders and their care left unanswered in your head when you leave.

We watch MAGIC happen and sometimes we create our own. New friendships are forged and old ones renewed... this will always be a huge part of the SGGA. Anything can happen at an SGGA... there may be tears, there will surely be lots of laughs, smiles and heart warming stories, and there may be an adventure or two to be had along the way as well.

Ok now to what you've been waiting for!!
The 15th Annual SGGA will be held in Dallas TX - July 27th 2013
@ the MCM Elegante Dallas
mcmelegantedallas.com/

On to the fun stuff. I am your 2013 SGGA Hostess- I am so excited I could squeal!! There is so much to come- so be on the look out for lots of updates. My hostess group is at the edge of their seats waiting to show you all just how we do it in TEXAS!! This years theme is Together We Glide- it doesn't matter where you come from, young or old, what forum you call home- we are a glider family and together we will always Glide for the gliders. The hotel venue is gorgeous and eager to be the host location for us.

There will be many announcements and updates to come. The MOST important one- the SGGA is only 168 days away. So if you haven't already, mark your calendars, figure out your transportation, decide on how many days you need to be with your glider family, plan out your time off from work if need be and most of all start building that glider fund if you haven't already. If your wondering about something and just can't wait for the announcement, shoot me a pm. But I assure you, there will be lots of updates over the next few weeks.

I can't wait and looking forward to spending the weekend with great old friends and making new ones. For now check out the sgga website www.sgga.info/

Talk to ya'll soon
Your 2013 SGGA Hostess ~ Nancy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dont judge me on what people have told you, get to know me first.

A best friend is like a four leaf clover- Hard to find but lucky to have

Ñancy
Event
Feb 13 2013
01:21:32 AM
Here it is, the SGGA Hotel information

The MCM Elegante Dallas - mcmelegantedallas.com/

Room Rates -Single King or Double Queens ~
$75.00 (includes breakfast) a night for 1st two guests.
$10.00 each additional guest if you want the breakfast.
$25.00 non-refundable pet fee

Cabana Poolside Suite ~ $105.00 a night

There is FREE Airport shuttle service for both aiports- DFW International & Dallas Love Field

Be sure to book under - The Texas Sugar Glider Getaway

Just a few of the extra accommodations you can look forward to.

Luxurious synthetic down bedding
Free wireless and high speed Internet service
In-room coffee pots featuring Starbucks coffee
Bath & Body Works amenities
Irons and ironing boards
Hair dryer
Refrigerator and microwave in King rooms
Outdoor pool & hot tub
Fitness center
Complimentary business center
Valet service
Handicapped accessible rooms
Event
Feb 15 2013
02:54:02 PM
Fuzzybutt Starting Member 0 Posts
I Have my reservations!! Yeah!!
Event
Feb 17 2013
08:33:15 PM
Haven't purchased your SGGA Registration yet? Well don't hesitate much longer- there is an Early Bird Registration promotion available!! Early bird pricing is available till April 15th- yep tax day. So act fast and get your registration at a discount

Early bird registration prices
16 & over - $40.00
Teen 11-15 - $10.00

Also there is an early bird registration for vendor tables- vendors you do not want to miss this - act fast and reserve your vending spot.
Early bird vendor table price is - $30.00

Remember these promotional prices are only available till April 15th - so don't delay
Registration will be $45.00 16+ over $15.00 for 11-15 & vending tables will be $50.00

Details for the logo contest are coming soon.
The theme is Together We Glide- Patriotic Colors.

Calling all artists out there, it's time to get creative and see what you can come up with for the 2013 SGGA Logo Contest!

All designs must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be hand drawn, not computer generated images.
2. Must include the city and state of this years location which is- Dallas Texas
3. Must be tasteful.
4. Must be willing to make minor changes if required.
5. Must be a good quality image -no cell phone pics of your drawing.
6. Must be in .jpg or .gif format.
7. This years theme- Together We Glider- Patriotic Colors

All submissions must be received by May 1st - please use the Logo Contest submission page on the SGGA Website -www.sgga.info/

Creator of the winning selected Logo design will receive a Free 2013 SGGA T-Shirt

Look forward to seeing your creations
Event
Feb 17 2013
08:39:32 PM
We all know we love to receive wonderful items for our gliders and this wouldn't be possible without the generous donors of the glider community. Donating to the SGGA Door prizes & Goody bags is a great way of sharing your talents - so calling all talented vendors- We'd love to see your great products.
Not a vendor- that's ok- everyone can contribute.

We always have great treasures in our Goody bags -Items donated to the goody bags or door prizes do not have to be glider related- there are always great "human" gifts in the door prizes.

We are filling 150 Goody Bags this year. But don't let that number scare you- you could always grab a friend and share on the goody's you donated.

If mailing your donations- Please mail them by July 15th to assure arrival in time for the SGGA
please send them to
SGGA c/o Nancy Lynch
7800 Mockingbird Lane #173
N. Richland Hills TX 76180

If you need any ideas or want to check if your idea is already present in the goody bags- PLMK
Your time & donations are greatly appreciated & if you have a business card, you'd like to share- please send them as well.
Event
Mar 04 2013
06:31:50 PM
Gliding up! I am so looking forward to this event.Its going to rank right up there with the good ones !!!! However we cant do it without you vendors and goody bag stuffers!!! Looking forward to seeing all the new things this year and we have a lot of new vendors as well. We welcome all of you. Also dont forget about the art contest for the logo. You May Contact jacknsally about that. Here is her address to send donations for door prizes and other prizes as well as 150 goody bag items! Can be glider, or people related. Dont forget to include your business cards!!!!
If mailing your donations- Please mail them by July 15th to assure arrival in time for the SGGA
please send them to
SGGA c/o Nancy Lynch
7800 Mockingbird Lane #173
N. Richland Hills TX 76180
Event
Mar 04 2013
07:10:37 PM
Fun and Surprises around every corner :) You DO NOT want to miss this event!
Event
Mar 07 2013
07:05:48 PM
Heads up: Might want to bring your own fold up chair for pool side!!!
Event
Mar 13 2013
08:15:29 PM
Every donation no matter how big or small makes the SGGA that much better!!!
Event
Mar 30 2013
02:18:40 PM
Whoop 17 more weeks!!!! Time is ticking for the early bird special, sign up today, do not delay!!!
Event
Mar 30 2013
07:26:16 PM
FYI Vender tables are 30 dollars before the 15th as well after that they are 50
Event
Apr 12 2013
09:43:00 PM
3 more days to get the early bird special price for SGGA ticket and or vendor tables. after the 15th the price goes up. You know your coming so you might as well just get your ticket and or vending table. Dont forget to fill out all the forms or it won't count!!! I cant wait, its the greatest gathering and BIGGEST gathering of the year!!!! Cant wait to see my old friends and met new ones, I am so shy though;)
Event
Apr 13 2013
09:04:23 PM
There is a time ticker on the SGGA site so I don't need to remind you its right around the corner. Nancy hasn't received many donations for door prizes and only one goody bag stuffer. So please don't wait until the last minute and hit Nancy hard with donations. lol Many of you will be bringing your stuff so if that is the case just PM or email Nancy or myself we would greatly appreciate it! Thank You so much for supporting the SGGA, one of my favorite things! I hope it is one of your favorite things too
I understand there are only 2 days left to get tickets and vendor tables cheap! WHOOP
Cant wait to see my friends again and make new ones, putting faces with names is always good!
If this is your first SGGA bring pad and pen and something everyone can sign!
Event
May 04 2013
10:37:50 AM
OMG It's May!!! Lets get excited, SGGA is right around the corner, YAY!!! Goody bag fillers(150) and door prizes still needed.The Theme is together we glide, the colors are red, white and blue. Friday night is the block party hosted by SGN, There will be refreshments, ice breakers, a baking contest, and some surprises for sure!!!
Event
May 04 2013
03:35:52 PM
*site banned* SPAMMER Visit *site banned*'s Photo Album FL, USA 87 Posts
Baking contest!?!?! Ooh, count me in!! What are we baking? :D
Event
May 04 2013
09:21:04 PM
Whatever you want to bake!
Event
May 05 2013
09:26:23 PM
In years past its been deserts
Event
May 05 2013
09:27:59 PM
Are there any pregnant women coning to be judges???
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Events and Calendar
Event: 2013 SGGA Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas