Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
What is the best partner for my Male Neutered stud?
Research Information
Feb 11 2014
11:53:50 AM
Poll Question:
Hey everyone!

My stud muffin Nico is all alone now =[
I need to find him an appropriate cage mate.
He is neutered!

Is it… (Drum roll please… dmmdmmdmmdmmdmmdmm…)

Choices:

Male Neutered
Male Not Neutered
Female Neutered
Female Not Neutered

Research Information
Feb 11 2014
12:57:57 PM
DragonSlave Joey 27 Posts
Definitely not a neutered (spayed) female. I haven't heard of anyone who does this to their girls, the neutering process is so much safer it just makes sense to fix the guys and leave the females as they are.
Research Information
Feb 11 2014
03:03:21 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Either sex is ok and it only comes into play if you begin adding more. If you may ever consider 3+, I would go same sex. all boys neutered.

boy and girl is definitely fine.
boy and many girls can be fine. but usually a single female will become alpha and there can be female fights even with a neutered male.

And many people have successful colonies with various multiples, but my experiences suggests that after you toss a female in with boys, the boys eventually begin fighting.

You never really know what you are going to get when you begin merging critters.

Boys are more dramatic than girls and will just be more loud, crabby but less actual fighting. Girls are often vicious and can fight terribly without any warning. You can find girls balled up and clamped onto each other and they arent even making a sound...

Research Information
Feb 11 2014
03:12:30 PM
shannonlcorum Face Hugger Visit shannonlcorum's Photo Album 538 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by kazko

Boys are more dramatic than girls and will just be more loud, crabby but less actual fighting. Girls are often vicious and can fight terribly without any warning. You can find girls balled up and clamped onto each other and they arent even making a sound...

Are we still talking about gliders?

Research Information
Feb 11 2014
05:19:57 PM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
Also, females are not neutered the procedure is called spayed. In which female gliders are not suppose to be spayed due to them having such a complicated double uterus.

So my vote was for the female.
Research Information
Feb 12 2014
12:10:44 AM
anEgyptian Joey 33 Posts
Oops Spayed LOL!
Research Information
Mar 15 2014
10:43:49 PM
Ems9806 Starting Member 3 Posts
I have 2 neutered males and one non-spayed female! They love each other and only took a couple minutes to get to know each other! A neutered male or non spayed female would be perfect for your little guy!!!
Research Information
Mar 16 2014
11:59:54 AM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
As Kazko said, either sex is fine. If you go with another male, I'd definitely neuter that one as well. We started out with 2 neutered males. That got/get along just fine.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires