Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Could she be pregnant?
Could she be pregnant?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 10 2014
09:58:02 PM
A week ago we ended up taking in four new gliders. Someone contacted me through one of my posts on craigslist and wanted me to taken in their two males and females they had. Anyways I decided to wait for them to settle in before I got them neutered. Well last night I noticed both males were trying to get on top of one of the girls. She just let both of them do as they wanted. Then I noticed one of the males had his genitalia out and "flossing" it between his teeth. As the other male was on top of her. Later i thought I heard a fight so I went into the room to make sure the boys weren't fighting each other over the female. I noticed the on who had his man item out was on top this time and the other male was eating. I saw no "humping" motion she has no marks on her back, I did she them both lick her lady parts and her to the same for both of them. Were they just marking her? I noticed all three gliders were wet later that night when I checked on them before I went to bed. We heard no crabbing, barking, or hissing last night. If they were mating would it be certain she is pregnant?

I decided last week I was going to keep my females and males apart (my original gliders) until I could get all the males neutered and see about introducing them later. As I only want to breed gliders with lineage and wait until we move into our new house to attempt to breed any gliders. So I am a bit worried I have a pregnant glider on my hands.

I knew I should of separated them last week, but I was worried to adding more stress to them all. So the question is now what?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 10 2014
10:10:22 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
It sounds like they were mating. About all you can do is wait and see if she is pregnant. Gliders are pregnant for about 16 days - when born, the tiny joeys crawl to the pouch where they will stay for about another 10 weeks. It will be about a month before you would know for sure if she has joeys in pouch - when the joeys are large enough to see the lumps in her pouch.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 10 2014
10:19:30 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Candy

It sounds like they were mating. About all you can do is wait and see if she is pregnant. Gliders are pregnant for about 16 days - when born, the tiny joeys crawl to the pouch where they will stay for about another 10 weeks. It will be about a month before you would know for sure if she has joeys in pouch - when the joeys are large enough to see the lumps in her pouch.

AGREE! Sounds like mating.... Let us know what you find out!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 10 2014
10:22:51 PM
LexiGlider Glider Visit LexiGlider's Photo Album IL, USA 58 Posts
Thank you I have contacted the previous owner asking if they all came from the same litter. I hope not I would hate for a sick Joey to be born all because I was scared of splitting them all up.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 11 2014
07:18:15 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
how old are your gliders?

Do the males have bald spots?

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 11 2014
01:44:31 PM
LexiGlider Glider Visit LexiGlider's Photo Album IL, USA 58 Posts
You know I dont really know, but both males have bald spots. The old owner told me the male and female were PP, the other male was from Tropical Attitude, and the other female came from Crazy Critterz. So it appears all three came from mill breeders. I have a small hope that none of them are related, but since they are shipped all around the place I know it is very likely.
Could she be pregnant?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Could she be pregnant?