Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
today I got home from work and my glider cage was empty
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
02:07:49 PM
Some one broke in and took them.all there food toys blankets everything but the cage.only had them for 4 weeks and they were already so sweet.... This ruin my week.

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
02:18:10 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
NO!!! I am so so so sorry!!!

This was my biggest fear too... I had someone attempt to rob my house and my glider was my #1 concern.

These people are obviously trying to make a profit out of your babies. Contact every pet store in the area and tell them to keep an eye out for 2 gliders that may be potentially sold to them. Include EVERY detail of them and tell them they were stolen from you. Also, put up flyers in the area and give a heads up to people so in case they come across these people trying to sell them, they may contact you.

ONE MORE THING. Probably the best idea... check on craigslist periodically to see if your babies have been listed. That way you can "buy" them and meet the guys with the cops by your side.

I am so sorry you experienced this...
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
02:24:59 PM
brewer55 Joey Visit brewer55's Photo Album 17 Posts
I've already done all that and I appreciate it
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
02:27:12 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
I hope they return home soon and safely.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
02:53:43 PM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
I kept up with your post marisa0820. I really didn't think it likely for someone to actually steal animals. I thought they would go for other valuables such as jewelry, heck, even the tv, before the gliders.

If all they took was the gliders, then it is possible that you know these people, since they would have known you had them. My aunt had something similar happening to her. She had a Hyacinth macaw and one day she came home to find it gone (toys, food, and a small traveling cage she had). The strange thing is that that was all they had taken, and however much she had looked in her area, she couldn't find it (she had looked into pet stores and any posts of someone trying to sell a hyacinth macaw). Until one day some neighbors came to ask her for help with a bird their children had brought home (my aunt works with wild life and she is very knowledgeable about exotic animals), it just so happened it was her macaw (the toys were the same and they still kept it in the same travel cage they had stolen it in). All the parents had to say for themselves is that their children had told them that they had just found it and were taking care of it, and they believe them! Anyways, my aunt did not wait for the adolescents to be back to question them, she just took her bird and stormed out of the place (she even moved out soon after).

I don't know how they managed to steal it though, I thought the parrot would be quite vocal and aggressive about strangers handling it. Though gliders don't have many defense mechanisms, I would have thought they would be very loud at least; but then again, it happened during the day, and so they could have been cery sleepy.

I would say try all that marisa0820 suggested you to do, and check with your neighbors, at least to ask if they saw anything.

I hope you can find them.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
03:28:46 PM
^^ Very true.

Thieves are out there for electronics and jewelry. Not so much animals but it's possible if it's someone you may have known. Who else would've known to go into your house JUST for gliders and leave the TV and computers?? Who else would've even known you had them?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
05:58:00 PM
I live out in the country so no one would witness it. They did get a few things just nothing big they open the door of the room my dog sleeps in so I think that's why they didn't take more
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
07:41:53 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
As much as I hate to say it..... It was most likely a friend.... Or someone on your fb that knows your habits or what not...
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
07:44:31 PM
I'm new to my area so no friends yet and most my family doesn't even know where I live.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
07:51:43 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
....maybe your landlord...... :/
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 16 2014
08:01:29 PM
No land lord I inherited my 40 acres and I'm living iin a old hunting cabin while I plan out my home
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 20 2014
08:51:34 PM
sunRaeTX Glider Visit sunRaeTX's Photo Album sunRaeTX's Journal TX, USA 125 Posts
OMG! How EVIL! :( I'm sooooo sorry.

Last year (before I had my gliders) someone broke into my house and stole my laptop and a few other things that held many files/memories that were irreplaceable, I feel for you, but I cannot imagine how horrific this must be for you :(
Prayers for you and the babies
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 21 2014
11:44:39 AM
TigerLilly5555 Super Glider Visit TigerLilly5555's Photo Album KS, USA 299 Posts
Poor thing! I'm so sorry. Maybe you could post an award in Craigslist or something for information- maybe someone out there knows someone that "just found new gliders".
I'll pray for you!

Where are located?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders