Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No luck yet...
No luck yet...
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 02 2014
01:39:01 PM
Still on the hunt for a joey. The closest one I got to was probably a scam since I have yet to hear from the person in 8 days.... I'm feeling a little discouraged. I guess I'm going to have to spend a crazy amount of money and travel a very long distance for a furry friend for Meiko.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 02 2014
03:27:40 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
http://www.mygliders.com/joey-144/ not sure how far Lakeland is from you, fee looks like $300

Edited by - Leela on Oct 02 2014 03:29:12 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
07:30:21 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
The last one you have is the one I contacted and I haven't heard anything in 8 days Also, the other ones are female and that means I would have to neuter my male, which I do not wish to do. Donna (the first one you listed) is 5 hours away from me.. That's a 10hour total drive for a suggie and a car ride that long might stress him out

This is hard... lol
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
08:02:04 AM
EchoandJase15 Glider Visit EchoandJase15's Photo Album 63 Posts
You live in Florida then I'm guessing by the Lakeland and Miami? My gliders just had two joeys oop 10/1. Im going down to Florida Southern college in Lakeland sometime in the next month. One joey is a white tip mosaic and the other is gray.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
08:58:12 AM
EchoandJase15 Glider Visit EchoandJase15's Photo Album 63 Posts
Sorry, nevermind my glider isnt a white tip mosaic, just a white tip since white tip isnt a mosaic variation. I have no idea then how I got a white tip especially since my gliders dont carry that gene and its recessive at that. I guess hes one of a kind haha.
Information
Oct 03 2014
10:01:29 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
since my gliders dont carry that gene and its recessive at that.

EchoandJase15 - Your gliders DO carry that gene for the white tip. Recessive genes can be hidden for generations by dominant color genes and only appear when two gliders with the trait are bred and actually produce a joey with the trait.

Marisa - Lakeland is probably no more than a 4 hour drive for you - and it would not stress the glider out to make a 4 hour trip back with you. It would be a long day for you but it seems you are not finding any gliders closer to you.

Gliders travel quite well by car during the day - put their pouch in a small cage secured in the back seat and they will most likely sleep the entire trip.

Keep in mind that getting a second intact male may mean that you will need to have BOTH gliders neutered at some point in time to avoid fighting or to manage the ODOR of two male gliders trying to out mark the scent of the other male in the cage. The scent of two intact male gliders can become overpowering.

You may become "nose blind" to the odor, but any guests in your home WILL notice it.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
01:27:32 PM
Kailey0317 Glider Visit Kailey0317's Photo Album 69 Posts
I agree with Candy. Getting a male will not help you avoid the neuter. I still think its better to just understand that this is undergone with out problem and that it will be better in the long run. I know it can be scary but it will be better for your gliders if they don't fight or attempt to mate and have wounds from this. And if you get both males that is double neutering.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
03:33:19 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Sugar Shock Gliders & Boutique in boca raton price for a standard is 250.00 the prices go up and wayyy upppp from there depending on color etc...

quote:
Sugar Shock Gliders & Boutique has Standard Gray Male & Female Sugar Gliders available now! Please call Lauren Elizabeth at (561) 613-1573 if you are interested.
posted sept 20th on facebook just search "Sugar Shock Gliders & Boutique" to find the page it won't let me post a good link to it here. Should be pretty close to you'r location. They probably have information on a good vet in you'r area as well.

Simon( our rescue ) is a 4 yr old male, He just got neutered 3 weeks ago. It was done by laser, only took a couple of hours and He has recovered without incident. He was ready for us to bring home from the Rescue only a week later since His pom was removed as well.

His scent gland on his head is starting to shrink and His odor has gotten much better though He is still marking everything He can lol.

As for the traveling part, We take our cridders everywhere with us. Before we brought Simon home we took Leela to tampa with us for the weekend and didn't leave to come home earlier enough. Naturally Leela woke up early lol and desperately wanted out of her pouch so we pulled over and put her in our small travel cage that was buckled in the back seat. She had a blast!! was even running on her wheel lol.

Of course a brand new joey is a different story but for a few hours I would think it'd be ok. The breeder probably knows their normal wake up time so you can plan you'r trip to leave as early as you can if you end up going to Lakeland. Anyway I wish you luck and hope you find a new fuzzbutt soon

Edited by - Leela on Oct 03 2014 04:12:34 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
06:02:16 PM
PLEASE - do not purchase gliders from Lauren AKA SugarShock.

She has a very long history with the glider forums - and has been BANNED here and at Glider Central for many reasons.

She breeds rescue gliders - with questionable health issues. She began breeding when she was only 14 or 15 years old. She has taken deposits on joeys that MIGHT be born to gliders she had not even purchased yet - and not returned the funds after she was unable to purchase the breeding pair.

Read the Colony Alert on Glider Central for more details.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1226753/animalsanctuary_sugarshock_sug#Post1226753

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
06:19:08 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I wondered when it wouldn't let me post her links but I was having connection issues when I posted so I thought it was just my connection.

Sorry I didn't know, was just looking closer to where the OP lives and came across the face book group and hadn't seen anything negative.

At any rate my apologies.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 03 2014
07:17:13 PM
no need to apologize Leela SugarShock has misled many folks over the years.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 04 2014
10:41:29 AM

This is George, he is a neutered 5 month old and ready to be adopted. He is at the local rescue I told you about in cape coral. IF you'r interested i'l message you Sam's number. His fee is probably 50$ to 75$ guessing by how much Simon was.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 05 2014
07:02:52 AM
FairyGirl Glider Visit FairyGirl's Photo Album 95 Posts
There is a breeder in Brevard County, Space Coast Sugar Gliders. I got my 2 (really 3, damn dog caused a death) from there and they were really helpful with picking out my babies. Miami is about 4 hrs and it looks like Coral Springs is a little north of that. Christine, the breeder, usually has joeys that are ready for homes. There is a Facebook page, a independant site and a hoobly account.
She was also helpful when my little girl died and work hard to get me a new joey within 6 days. It was a rough week. That was back in March and April but I'm always on the FB page to check out the videos of the new babies.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 09 2014
04:36:11 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 09 2014
08:31:38 PM
fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/pet/4707386475.html ready made family not a bad deal for 400
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 10 2014
07:50:39 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Woah! That's too much gliders for me lol (or should I say my mother..)
I'm still not giving up! I've been looking online twice a day. I guess I would just have to go to Donna... She's 5 hours away.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 10 2014
08:18:02 AM
I hear ya, but still not a bad price for a pregnant white Lucistic female and an original male sugar glider. Comes with cage and all supplies/toys. The female alone is probably more expensive than 400
No luck yet...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No luck yet...