Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Who's up for a vote?
Who's up for a vote?
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
01:23:57 PM
So, it's time that I add a third so that I've got a complete trio set up. Initially I purchased Lisle and Maeve with the intention of adding a male later for breeding. Now that they are fully mature I do not want to risk breeding my petite Maeve and I will not break these sisters up. If I want a breeding pair I'll just start from scratch with a new set up. That being said, I'm looking at a female or neutered male. I would get into the specifics of ages etc. and why but unless you really WANT to see my whole pro con list (which poor Hails has already been reading with me) I'll leave it to just a couple pictures of some boys I'm looking at right now.

Salvador

Cubit

My girls are platinum...I'm just one of those that likes certain coloration qualities in my fuzzies. There are some others I'm looking at but I keep going back to these guys.

Votes on either of these?
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
01:29:01 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Oh jeez they are both cute!! hmmm Cubit I think has my vote for coloring although the other one looks pretty mellow geez thats a tough choice. Cubit

Edited by - Leela on Jan 16 2015 01:33:22 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
01:42:00 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
To be fair I guess I should show all of Cubit!

And for those that don't remember my girls for this potential trio:

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
02:00:15 PM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
I vote for Cubit. I just love the stripe on the gliders' backs
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
02:13:26 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
oh that face!! yep Cubit and your girls are gorgeous
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
02:36:07 PM
I just got off the phone with Priscilla. She is so funny...we took a "walk" through to each cage while on the phone. She SERIOUSLY knows her gliders personally. Told me all about each one I've been interested in and suggested some others based on my situation. She remembers my girls, they were her 'babies' and at the time she wasn't sure she was going to price them. She made sure Debby knew they were to go to a good home. Awe. I feel honored.

Cubit has powdered out a lot. She sent these newer photos. He's very shy, very tiny, and very cuddly.

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
02:47:36 PM
denparkin Glider Visit denparkin's Photo Album ON, CA 154 Posts
OMG he is so cute! I would have trouble deciding between the two and would want both!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
04:29:03 PM
LooneyTuni Joey Visit LooneyTuni's Photo Album 30 Posts
I'm gonna have to vote for Salvadore. He's a good contrast to your girls. And, I want a leu, so I may be a bit biased, haha.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
07:52:19 PM
After another long discussion with her this evening.....(drum roll)......Cubit is coming home soon!!!!! It came down to the wire and it was the personality factors of all three that made it come together.

So excited!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
08:04:56 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
congratulations on your decision! I don't believe you could have gone wrong with either, they're both beautiful!!!

So, under those circumstances, it was good that you could discuss the personalities with the breeder to compare them both in that respect, that's the most important as far as I'm concerned.

If you noticed, I didn't vote, lol. I just couldn't choose and would have suggested a quad for you.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 16 2015
08:14:22 PM
congrats!!! He's just a stunner
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2015
08:42:25 AM
Thank you. And yes, T.Jones, it's so hard when you have to remind yourself "only one"! I feel bad enough that this little guy will have to be shipped all alone, but I have seen how excellent their shipping process is. It's was about 4 hours cage door to cage door when the girls were shipped to me. Nerve racking though.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2015
10:17:10 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Just curious, since Cubit is so tiny, will that be a problem when they are introduced?
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2015
11:25:29 AM
My Maeve is very petite and they are of the same size. Also, after talking to PP she said that he isn't quite so petite as he seems in the pics. Small, yes...but we took everything into consideration with size, personality, the fact that he's been housed with females (Mom and Sis and now an obese girls that needed some stimulation and another small female). He's been neutered since before he became sexually mature, won't come in posturing and will back down if my Lisle (my alpha) decides to say "this is my place". Introductions will be done cautiously, but we've taken every scenario into account. There's nothing that speaks to the true face to face and how it will go. I'm hoping Murphy's law will be on vacation!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2015
11:27:40 AM
Also, the photo's seem deceiving with the great big girl. When you see him on the hand it gives a better idea of his actual size. And, he is 9 months...so has a little filling out to do. Maeve is 1.9 and Lisle is 2.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2015
11:54:09 PM
courtneyparke Glider Visit courtneyparke's Photo Album 53 Posts
AW! Your girls and Cubit are adorable :) I do agree that Salvador would've been a nice offset, but I like their almost brownish/red/grey tint against Cubit's powered snow look :) they will be a beautiful trio!
Who's up for a vote?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Who's up for a vote?